MRM Global is a marketing technology company providing industry leading marketing design software and services to global brands such as Bacardi, Carlsberg, Diageo, Molson Coors, William Grant, L’Oreal and Pernod Ricard.
Our vision is to become the global leader in B2B design creation software in the Food and Beverage industry. Our mission is to enable global brands to efficiently support more local customers with marketing that drives sales.
At MRM, our design team plays a critical role in the success of the business. Our clients aim is to support their customers (bars, restaurants, clubs, salons and hotels) with outstanding marketing materials that harness the power of their global brands while being customised to ensure relevance for a local audience.
Our design team help our clients achieve this by creating outstanding template designs for our software and by designing beautiful bespoke designs for their most important customers. Our design work is very different to most agencies in that we specialise in designing a high volume of quick turnaround jobs (1-2hrs). Our designers will complete on average 6-8 design jobs per day that may involve multiple brands, languages and countries. Our designers are very talented so the challenges we face are generally organisational rather than artistic.
Over the last 3 years, we’ve grown rapidly and now work across 21 countries and in the last 12 months have doubled the size of our business in terms of both revenue and headcount. As a result, we now have huge demand from our customers to scale up the design services that we provide.
To meet this demand, we’re opening a new office in Glasgow and are planning to grow our team from 10 designers to 20 over the next 12 months. Therefore, we’re looking for an experienced and ambitious individual to build, lead and manage this ever-expanding team. Our goal is for the team to become an in-house agency that can operate as a standalone business with its own P&L and leadership team.
This role is a unique opportunity to grow and develop the design team into a fully-fledged agency within a rapidly growing international business and work with some of the world best brands.
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced individual who has the ability to lead a growing and diverse design team while introducing new systems and processes to enable us to scale our operations as we grow rapidly. You will thrive in being in a client facing environment and have the ability to manage their needs alongside those of your team. You will be highly commercial and be able to ensure the agency is a key profit driver for the wider business.
We’re looking for someone who thrives on responsibility and is looking for an opportunity to build a world-class design team who can deliver at scale on a global basis. We need a highly motivated and ambitious individual who has significant experience to build, manage and scale up our design team.
The ideal candidate will need to identify strongly with our 5 core values:
* Integrity - do what you say you are going to do * Responsibility - take ownership * Customer Focus - understand our customer’s needs and exceed their expectations * Adventure - Explore the unknown * Simplicity – Keep it simple Responsibilities
* Introduce new systems and workflow processes based on best practice to ensure that we can scale our design business significantly while meeting a high level of design quality and accuracy. * Ensure that we maintain the appropriate resource levels to meet customer expectations by forecasting demand, hiring additional designers and using freelance resources during peak times. * Lead, manage and coach a team of designers * Work closely with the Financial Director to create a self-sustaining, profitable in-house agency * Setting up and maintaining excellent file management, brand/legal guidelines and templates. * Ensuring outstanding artwork consistency, quality within agreed turnaround times. * Be the escalation point for customers and work with HQ brand teams to increase sales
* Outstanding organisational and time management skills * 7+ years of people management experience * Commercial acumen and entrepreneurial attitude * Ability to work in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment * Knowledge of design best practice * Experience in implementing and managing a process-based operation to ensure maximum efficiency and productivity. * A growth mindset and proven desire for continuous learning and improvement * Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others * Excellent communication and presentation skills * Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Required Experience
* 7+ years experience of studio or agency management (in-house or agency) * Experience of running a profitable and well-regarded design agency or large design team * Experience of recruiting designers to build a world class agency * Experience of implementing workflow processes and systems to ensure the delivery of a very high volume of design jobs. * A firm grasp of how large, complex enterprise businesses work, experience navigating enterprise customers to achieve customer success outcomes. * A graphic design background who is motivated by developing the next generation of design talent. Desired Experience/Skills
* Experience in dealing with large FMCG brands – preferably in the drinks industry * Experience in working for a high-growth company * Experience managing multi-national clients across several time zones * Foreign languages Rewards
* 30 days holiday including 8 bank holidays * Cycle to work scheme * £500 training and development budget * Up to 10% bonus linked to company revenue growth and profit