£25,000 - £35,000 per annum
Client is a well renowned, Global Financial Services organisation based in Birmingham who are looking to appoint an ambitious Finance Assistant. This is an excellent opportunity to gain fantastic exposure in an ever growing organisation and springboard your career.
* Prepare daily cash flow forecast by currency for core accounts and monthly cash report and make recommendations of intra-group cash transfers to maintain adequate liquidity in entities.
* Process external payments (expenses; dividends; debt interest etc) and intra-group cash transfers /inter-company settlements as requested and record transactions accurately in the general ledger in line with group policies.
* Set up new bank accounts; maintain existing bank accounts, users access & approvers list/daily rota for payment authorisation.
* Act as main contact with the banks and resolve payment/banking relating issues raised by internal/external stakeholders promptly.
* Maintain cash bank account reference table to update for new/closed accounts across the group with accurate details sufficient for reporting and other purposes.
* Ensure investment expenses are paid on time and accounted for accurately in the ledger; process expense accrual and perform reconciliation on a quarterly basis.
* Perform investments reconciliation to support quarterly situs/regulatory funding process.
* Perform monthly reconciliation on investments expense accrual; FAL deposits; certain investments balances in line with group internal control policy.
* Perform valuation/pricing verification checks and action any cash management requirements from investments front office
* Provide support in resolving trade settlement issues and monitor investment performance including investment expenses reconciliation.
* University degree in any discipline.
* Experience in a corporate environment preferably in a financial services setting.
* Relevant experience within Treasury; AP; general ledger is essential.
* Proven experience in general ledger application and accounting experience is advantageous.