· Location Buckingham, Buckinghamshire · Salary £ 8.78 - £ 11.68 / Hour · Category Transport & Logistics - Warehousing, Distribution, Logistics · Job type Temporary · Industry Transport and Logistics · External Reference BUCKINGHAM
Adecco have an exciting opportunity to join a world class manufacturing company in Buckingham as a Warehouse Operative. Initially on a 12 week temporary basis with the possibility to extend or even secure a permanent position.
Hours of work and payrates: Monday - Friday 7am-3pm OR Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 5:00pm and Friday, 8:00am - 1:00pm (39 hours per week) - £8.78 p/h OR Monday - Friday, 3pm - 11.00pm - £10.54 p/h OR Monday night - Saturday morning, 11.00pm - 7:00am - £11.68 p/h
The main responsibilities include:
· To work within our dispatch department, inputting finished stock onto our Navision 7 system, creating orders to dispatch, loading and unloading our customer vehicles & ensuring that they leave on time with the correct orders
· To assist within our goods in team, receiving stock, booking onto our Navision system, labelling the required stock
· Support the manufacturing operation by ensuring product produced is collected in a timely manner and located in stores/warehouse as required
· To receive and prepare goods from manufacturing for despatch to customers, packaging and product to and from production
· To prepare and deliver components required to support our production teams from Material requisitions using our Hand-held terminal scanners
· Load/unload transport vehicles using appropriate mechanical vehicles/devices in a safe and efficient manner
· Maintain consistent stock management good practices including housekeeping and orderliness and support 5S activities
· Assist in stock check activities
· Where appropriate plan and control the movement and storage and re-usable and single-use packaging to provide adequate support to production whilst maintaining costs to an acceptable level in line with Company and departmental objectives
· Provide effective absence cover for related roles within Logistics/Operations team for which training will be provided as necessary
· Ensure any other roles allocated by Management are actioned in a timely and efficient manner
Qualifications and/or Experience Required
· Good levels of Literacy and numeracy in order to prepare and interpret documentation and instructions
· Basic personal computer competence
· A general knowledge of warehouse computer systems would be of an advantage
· Counterbalance/Reach Licence preferred but not essential as training can be provided
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please email your CV in the first instance or click apply.
Adecco is an equal opportunities employer.
If you do not hear from one of our consultants within 7 days of applying for this role, please assume you have been unsuccessful in this instance. Your CV will be kept on file and you will be considered for future vacancies that match your skills.
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy