St. Anne’s is an award-winning housing association and social care provider across Yorkshire and the North East with a reputation for high-quality, person-centred care, demonstrated with 96% of our registered services currently being rated as ‘Good’ through recent CQC inspections.
Mental Health Support Workers Ref: MH/302
£17,310 - £18,040 per annum (plus an extra £45 for sleep-in shifts with a minimum one sleep-in shift per week)
2 x 40 hours per week plus sleep-ins
1 x 18.5 hours per week
(Hours to be worked over 7 days, including earlies, lates, sleep-ins and lone working)
We are seeking to recruit committed and motivated Support Workers to join our Leeds Mental Health Services. You will be working at one of the mental health services in Leeds. The full time post is in the Beeston area in a 15 bedded supported living service and the 18.5 hour post is in the Hyde Park Area in a 7 bedded supported living service (no sleep in shifts in this service). Both services provide support for adults with severe and enduring mental health issues.
You will be a keyworker to a small caseload of clients which involves developing a support plan with each client, including identifying and managing risks with regular reviews. Staff are expected to follow these support plans to enable clients with their daily needs such as attending health appointments, accessing community services, preparing food, and observing medication taken. The role will also include some administrative tasks and undertaking basic housekeeping.
This role requires a worker to be dedicated and committed, have a good grasp of mental health issues, an understanding, patient, caring and compassionate manner with the ability to manage and prioritise their workload to fulfil service and contractual obligations.
This role involves some sleep over duties, meaning you will sleep over in the service and are there to provide emergency cover when required.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain or extend experience in mental health work. You will benefit from joining an experienced team and regular supervision will be provided. You will:
· Have personal qualities and skills which will enable you to work effectively with people with long term support needs.
· Be motivated to work alone as well as part of a team.
· Be able to show understanding of the issues relating to enduring mental health needs.
For an informal discussion of this position please contact Annie Hewitt-Hill on 07976294595 during normal office hours.
At St. Anne’s, we want to reward our employees for the hard work they do so we have a great benefits package including:
· Minimum of 20 days annual leave (pro rata for part time hours) rising annually to a maximum of 25 days plus notified statutory holidays
· Access to a fantastic Employee Benefits scheme – Hundreds of discounts at major retailers like Sainsbury’s and Boots as well as childcare vouchers and a Cycle to Work initiative
· 24 Hour Employee Assistance Programme – including free counselling sessions & support
· Group Personal Pension Scheme
· Refer A Friend recruitment reward initiative
· Continuous opportunities for ongoing training and career development
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, or to find out more, please visit www.st-annes.org.uk to complete your application. Alternatively, please email your CV to and include the reference ‘MH/302’ in the email subject