Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think groundbreaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
* To successfully deliver detailed design of trunk road minor improvement projects, including Works Contracts.
* To project manage schemes to ensure delivery of annual programmes, on time and within budget.
A typical week would include:
* Clear knowledge and understanding of the engineering priciples associated with conducting trunk road improvements
* Clear knowledge and understanding in producing, specifications, bill of quantities and drawings
* Delivery of financial, quality and environmental management of projects
* Supervision of Works Contracts on site, when required
* Preparation of Roads Orders, when required
* Ensure all licences, permissions and orders etc are in place in sufficient time to allow construction to progress unhindered
* Ensure current design standards are known and adhered to
* Mandatory compliance with Health & Safety legislation and CDM regulations in particular the role of the Designer
* Undertake site specific risk assessments and safety checks
* Mentoring of and ability to provide advice and support to less experienced staff within the team as well as checking of their work
* Other duties as required by the business
We would love to hear from you if you have:
Person Qualities and Experience
The following qualities/experience are essential:
* BEng, MEng or other approved qualification
* Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or alternatively, working towards professional status
* Knowledge and understanding of road design standards DMRB, MCDHW, statutory procedures, forms of contract, British Standards and CDM is essential
* Proven record of delivering projects to high standard and on programme.
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Professional individual with ability to work unsupervised and to programme.
* Autocad experience essential
* In possession of full driving licence
* MX experience
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including a 37.5 hour working week, 25 days annual leave, pension schemes, life assurance, personal accident cover and paid professional subscriptions, and some not so standard benefits as part of our flexible benefits scheme – so if you would like to hop on a new bike (cycle to work scheme) or thrill the family with your Lego building skills (Discount at Legoland Windsor) – WSP can help!
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Our VIBE (LGBT + employee network) and PLEDGE (Promoting Leadership, Encouraging Diversity & Gender Equality) networks work with the business to help ensure we continue to promote the right environment to enable LGBT+ and female employees to reach their full potential, and to ensure we continue to promote equality, inclusivity and diversity for everyone.
Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
In addition we support our people to achieve their personal health and well-being goals through our Thrive programme.
A little about us:
Together, our people make up one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We’re dedicated to the communities where we live and work in the UK and propelled by international brainpower. Staying curious is what drives us. Looking at challenges from fresh angles helps us deliver future-ready solutions that break paradigms.
With around 7,900 talented people in 70+ offices across the UK, and 43,000 around the world, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.