Role – DevOps Engineer
DevOps is a culture, approach and set of practices of applying lean process improvement and automation to enable a flow of working software to its real users. This means looking across organization functions of Development and Operations that might previously have operated as separate silos. This person should create the ability to put the code into an operational state as quickly and easily as possible.
MUST HAVE skills
- Experience in deployment and configuration automation scripts using Ansible Tower to Inhouse and Cloud environments.
- Experience in creating fully automated GitLab CI/CD pipelines to deploy/test software across different environments.
- Knowledge of continuous Integration and continuous delivery using Maven and Nexus repository manager
- Experience working with Git based source code management system
- Good knowledge and experience of Public and Private IaaS platforms
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking concepts and major protocols
- Good system administration skills on Linux servers (e.g. RHEL) and ideally also some experience with Windows Server
- Scripting in a common language such as Bash or Python
- Ability to work closely with central dev ops, software developers, testers, and product owners
- In this role, you'll work collaboratively by following Agile principles to deploy and operate application and supporting systems. Help the development team to automate and streamline operations and processes. Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations and troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Environment management and ownership of environment progression of releases (Dev, Test, Pre-Prod, Prod)
- Continuous delivery
- Release and deployment management processes to ensure that applications can be packaged and deployed
- That security is integral in code
- Improve communication between development and ops
- Automate the work flows
- Automation of deployments