Role description: Lead Web & Email Developer (with strong front end design skills)
Job title: Lead Web & Email Developer
Company: Oracle Customer Experience (CX) - Creative Studio
Position: Full time permanent role (guide: IC4)
Location: Reading, UK
* Salary: Salary based on experience, with excellent benefits
Start date: ASAP
Closing date: TBC
* Reading is the preferred location. However, we do have an office in Wigmore St, London and could possibly accommodate a position there for the right candidate (with 2 days per week travelling to the Reading office).
Oracle CX is a global leader in customer experience and digital marketing - working across multiple channels, including email, mobile and web. A position here is not only a fantastic career opportunity, but an opportunity to be a part of innovative and award winning design solutions! Our vibrant Creative Studio sits within CX and works on some of the world's biggest brands - both B2B and B2C in various sectors, including ASOS, LEGO, New Look, Lloyds Bank Group and many more.
We are looking for a talented and motivated client facing team player with a strong understanding of Web Development, with front end design skills - to lead and help shape creative marketing campaigns in the digital/online space. The ideal candidate will have experience working in digital agencies/teams and be able to take a project from initial brief to final production. This role requires a mix of problem solving skills, exceptional communication skills and a team focused attitude. Typical projects include kinetic email, micro-sites, web portals/apps and email/web templates. You will be able to comprehend and support our cross-channel strategy of using email, social and web integrations, yet be technically apt enough to implement both front and back-end solutions. You will also be a lead figure and foster good relationships with both clients and colleagues across the globe.
* Building strong client relationships and identifying opportunities is a key part of this role.
* Be an enthusiastic team player, experienced in working with agile teams. Ability to collaborate closely with designers, project managers, strategic consultants and the wider team.
* Be confident in front of clients, experienced in client facing situations (e.g. presenting ideas, workshops, inspiring clients, helping to sell services etc.)
* You will be responsible for creating high quality and accurate work for a variety of campaigns, advising our clients on best practice web techniques and latest innovation.
* Be able to interpret client briefs, embrace new technologies and learn key Oracle Products/Platforms (e.g. Responsys, Eloqua, Maxymiser etc.)
* Implement, test and maintain simple to advanced landing pages/websites, web applications and online systems on time, to budget and to a high standard.
* Set and manage customer expectations appropriately and ensure that these expectations are consistently met or exceeded - ensure overall client satisfaction through timely and accurate completion of projects.
* Contribute to the development and evolution of the Web Development team processes and documentation
* Collaboration with clients and internal teams to educate and build awareness of the Creative Studio/Web Development offerings.
* Continually keep yourself and your team updated with the latest changes in your industry's standards.
* Around ten years experience in commercial web development and proven track record.
* Strong portfolio/web dev examples/case studies to be presented during interview.
* Proficient working with Adobe Photoshop files and Dreamweaver.
* Well-rounded developer who can demonstrate a combination of skills - comprehensive web dev knowledge with problem solving/innovation mindset.
* Hands-on experience, cool under pressure and very detail oriented.
* Process orientated and solid understanding of standards and documentation -organised and able to act independently.
* Excellent communication (both verbal and written).
* Be open to receiving constructive feedback and improving upon it.
* Qualified to degree level, HND or similar qualification (Computer Science, Mathematics, iMedia or related subject ), or with equivalent experience.
* We support clients across the EMEA region, where in addition to English, extra language skills would be beneficial (e.g. French, Spanish, German, Italian, Arabic etc.)
* There will also be opportunities to travel to client meetings in EMEA.
If you are an enthusiastic developer with strong front end design skills, then please contact us asap. Please provide a web link or PDF portfolio (max 8MB) - incorporating some of your work.
_As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable)._
**Detailed Description and Job Requirements**
Senior member of an expert services team who is responsible for delivering a quality solution in a timely manner, on budget and to a client
* s satisfaction. Responsible for delivering a set of services and key deliverables that match customer specifications. Key responsibilities include the development, testing, and launching of marketing programs.
Senior member of the Expert Services team who provides expert services both as an individual and a team member. Leads project teams and works with management to ensure quality marketing deliverables for Oracle customers. Has advanced subject matter expertise in marketing programs and campaigns. Has the ability to develop, coordinate, test, and launch complex interactive marketing programs using the Oracle Marketing platform for on-time, on-budget, and error free project deliverables. Takes a lead role in guiding junior team members and projects. Can actively manage and resolve customer escalation, project scope issues, and technical challenges. Reviews project requests from clients to determine how to implement using established processes and best practices, or scope production specifications for custom projects. Design & delivers internal/external training. Demonstrate leadership and mentor other members. Manage team of developers by assigning resources, reviewing quality reports, & ensure development/training for team.
**As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).**