An exciting opportunity has become available to join our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) as a Band 5 / 6 equivalent Dietician at The Huntercombe Hospital Maidenhead, located in Taplow 4 miles from Maidenhead and 1 mile from junction 7 of the M4 motorway.
Experienced Band 5 candidates will also be considered for this role.
The hospital is a 60 bed Tier 4 CAMHS hospital for young people aged 12 -18 years with a range of mental health disorders and includes the following units:
- Adolescent Care
- Acute Psychiatric
- Eating Disorders
We provide comprehensive assessment and treatment programmes working collaboratively with patients and their families or carers.
Providing flexible career development working within a specialist MDT to develop pathways contributing to service development, Huntercombe can offer you a rewarding career where you will be valued as a key member of our team and every day you’ll be able to make a difference to the lives of our patients and residents, supporting and encouraging them to achieve their goals and ambitions.
Most patients and residents are referred via NHS and local authorities. We play an integral part in contributing to new models of care outlined in the Five Year Forward View.
Working as a Dietician you will be responsible for providing dietetic assessment, diagnosis and treatment programmes to individual patients. You will be an autonomous practitioner, holding a caseload and working without direct supervision.
As a Dietician working in our Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS) your main duties will be:-
- Providing expert advice, signposting, guidance and information to health and social care professionals, patients, carers, relatives or other non-professional contacts
- Menu Planning, Designing with Catering Department
- Education Workshops with Staff, Patients, Carers and Other Professionals
- Providing a high level of care to patients with dietetic and nutritional requirements
- Using highly developed knowledge & skills in the implementation and planning of individual dietary treatment plans taking into account patient’s condition
- Facilitating the safe discharge of patients with nutritional and dietetic plans
- Negotiating with carers, patients and others around individual case management
- Contributing to multi-disciplinary clinical teams, communicating complex information to members of the teams
- Understanding the emotional needs of patients and their carers
- Maintaining up to date and accurate case notes in line with professional standards and local Trust Policies
To join The Huntercombe Group as a Dietician you will:-
- Have a degree in dietetics or equivalent
- Hold full registration with the HCPC
- Be able to provide evidence of post qualification courses
- Able to provide demonstrable experience of dietetic practice
- Have an excellent professional knowledge across all specialities
- Be able to listen to ascertain specific information as well as being able to impart instructions
- Have an ability to quickly and competently undertake word processing and database tasks
- Have the ability to communicate with a wide variety of people
- Understand the implications of equal opportunities in practice
- Be competent in using software including nutrition analysis packages
In return we offer you:
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- A range of staff discounts
- Opportunities for training and development
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
An enhanced DBS (England) or PVG/Disclosure Scotland (Scotland) Disclosure will be required for all successful applicants. Costs will be met by the Company.