Do you have excellent interpersonal skills? Are you flexible, approachable and a team player? Do you have knowledge of IT systems?
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust would love to hear from you!
NHS Professionals run the temporary work placements at Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, andwe are looking for a Secretary to start ASAP!
Location: John Radcliffe hospital, Headley Way, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU
Department: Renal Ward
Previous NHS experience would be an advantage.
What will your duties and responsibilities be?
- Provide primary administrative support to Consultants, clinical staff and all patients under their care, including diary administration, correspondence support and other administrative duties as required.
- Type or use Trust digital transcription systems to produce clinical correspondence to inform referrers, patients and other relevant parties of patient pathway progress. In doing so, produce correspondence that is of high quality and conforms to the national target of being received within 10 working days from the point of clinical delivery / decision.
- Open and prioritise incoming post, ensuring supporting information is available when appropriate and taking responsibility for actioning urgent items in the absence of the Consultant or other clinical staff.
- Support patients under the clinicians’ care by booking where appropriate relevant diagnostic investigations and expediting where appropriate in line with the 6-week diagnostic pathway and 18-week RTT pathway.
- Monitor urgent investigation requests to ensure they are processed appropriately.
- Work closely with all staff in the service to ensure compliance with 18-week referral to treatment (RTT) targets, intervening where necessary to expedite appointments and procedures to avoid breaches.
- Maintain an accurate and current filing system, ensuring letters, clinical reports, diagnostic test results and other notes are filed in the correct patient notes, in either paper or electronic record systems.
- Follow the Trust tracking procedure for the movement of all patient notes.
- Update patient details on Trust and departmental patient record systems to include ensuring patients that require discharge are processed accordingly and Patients Missing Follow Up List is updated.
- Request and coordinate patient notes from other hospitals and organisations, where the pathway requires input from these.
- Act upon queries from referrers, patients and other relevant parties in liaison with clinical staff. Take relevant action to provide reassurance and support to patients and their families by finding appropriate solutions to problems, which requires the ability to understand and explain basic medical procedures and terminology.
What perks are we offering in return?
- 1st choice of over 4,200 placements – your dedicated consultant can book your placements today.
- Work this week, get paid next - Get paid the following Friday when you release your timesheets by 23:59 on Wednesday.
- Get paid to take holiday! - Holiday is accrued during every shift you work.
- Statutory maternity/paternity (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Access to our very own pension scheme called 'NHSP Stakeholder pension' for eligible members
- Free training and development opportunities
...and we are part of the NHS family!
We value your skills and experience and can provide you with a fantastic opportunity to work within the NHS and deliver a great experience for patients.
Where can you find out more?
Contact the admin and clerical team on 03330 144354 or email email@example.com
Please note that you will be contacted via e-mail throughout the recruitment process, so please check your e-mails regularly.
We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Successful applicants will be contacted after the closing date.