Software Engineering Graduate Leadership Development ProgrammeLocation(s): Gloucester, Manchester, Harlow, Feltham or Wyton with travel to other locations for training and business requirementsApplication:
Submit a CV and cover letter (explaining why you have applied for the role, and to Raytheon UK) directly to our careers website. Attach the most recent university module transcript to your application.Start Date:
1st September 2020Summary of Role:
We have a wide range of vacancies in our rapidly growing Software Development Team. We operate an Agile/Scrum methodology, and you will be involved in the full software development lifecycle, developing solutions using the latest technologies. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organizations. You will receive training, both formal and on-the-job from experienced engineers to help you become a well-rounded professional.Main Duties:
To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems.
- Design and develop product functionality, user interfaces and performance improvements.
- Document designs and advise on product support material.
- Investigate product issues and develop solutions to customer issues.
- Contribute to the innovation of new products and services for our customer base.
- Develop test plans and methodologies to ensure developed products meet Raytheon quality standards.
Graduate Leadership Development Programme Training:
- Be involved in, committed to, and part of the continuous improvement of software applications and systems.
- Willing to undergo the highest level of security clearance (Developed Vetting).
During the first 2 years, in addition to your main role, you’ll be assigned various modules to support your career development. These range from business skills to team building activities.Candidate Requirements:Essential:
- 2:1 or above undergraduate degree (any software, computing, engineering, maths, science or technology discipline where candidates need to demonstrate a strong passion and interest in developing a software career)
- Pre university qualifications equivalent to 120 UCAS points new system or 300 UCAS points old system
- Ability to travel to different UK sites and relocate to another site during the role if required
Skills in one or more of the following:
- Java or C# application development
About Raytheon UK
- Oracle based development (Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, DBA skills)
- Experience of Cloudera Hadoop including HDFS, Flume, Sqoop, Hive, Impala, Accumulo, Spark
- Experience Working in an Agile/SCRUM/DevOps delivery model
- Application development using Java orientated middleware, for example, JEE, Spring, Hibernate, Apache Camel
- Unstructured persistence layers, (e.g. ElasticSearch, MongoDB )
- Experience of scripting languages; Perl, Python, ruby
- Experience with high performance distributed systems
- Experience of Data Analytics and Visualization
- Experience in secure development techniques and tools that produce secure systems
- Understanding of virtualization (e.g. VMWare and Hyper-V)
- Experience of PKI and encryption techniques
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester and Manchester, Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country the company employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across the country. About Raytheon
Raytheon Company, with 2018 sales of $27 billion and 67,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 97 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I™ products and services, sensing, effects and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.Standard Benefits:
- £27,500 salary
- £2,500 joining bonus
- 25 days holiday + statutory holidays
- Twice yearly salary review for the first 2 years
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Feltham
United Kingdom - Gloucester
United Kingdom - Harlow
United Kingdom - Manchester
United Kingdom - Wyton