We are looking for an experienced M&E Supervisor to lead our team in Grangemouth and be responsible for efficiently and safely managing maintenance activities and planned works. The role is offered on a permanent basis, working Monday - Friday, with a salary of £25.5k to £35.5k plus allowances dependent on experience. Scottish Canals also offers a generous annual leave entitlement of 33 days rising to 38 after 5 years (Inc. public holidays), along with enhanced company sick pay, discounted shopping vouchers, and a contributory pension scheme with up to a 10% employer contribution.
The successful candidate will lead and manage a team comprising of two Senior M&E Technicians, four M&E Technicians and a Marine Mechanic. The candidate must be technically proficient including significant skill, knowledge and experience in at least one of these technical disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation & Control and Hydraulics, to provide best performance of the role.
Day to day tasks:
- Line management of the M&E team, planning and assigning work effectively to each team member's skills, competency and strengths. Contribute to recruitment and selection, performance appraisals, training and development planning, absence management, resolution of employment issues and expenses and overtime management.
- Liaison between M&E team and project engineers, working to evaluate asset complications and providing guidance and recommendation for improvements including interim mitigation work.
- Encourage and develop apprentices through SC apprenticeship programme ensuring appropriate supervision
- Maintain asset information using Scottish Canals' Asset Management eXpert system (AMX)
- Provide M&E support where necessary to assist in the resolution of engineering-relation situations as they arise
- Deputise for Maintenance Manager and M&E Engineer as appropriate
- Deliver and review statutory inspections
- Attain 'Qualified Supervisor' status and ensure electrical inspection and testing activities are carried out to defined standards reliably and consistently. Lead in NICEIC assessments.
- Educated to HND standard or equivalent in related discipline
- Membership of appropriate professional body, e.g. IEE or IET would be preferable
- Relevant engineering experience
- Proven management experience
- ISOH, NEBOSH or equivalent safety certificates
- C&G Wiring Regulations (BS 7671)
- C&G Inspection & Test (C&G 2391)
- General heritage and environmental awareness
- Valid driving licence