Elevate is recruiting for a Legal Counsel with at least 3 years PQE to work for a leading International Bank in London on a 6 month contract. The role will be supporting the credit and lending product management teams.
The individual would be acting as part of the team of lawyers in Global Commercial Banking team based in London:
- Providing subject matter expertise, professional legal advice, guidance and support to the Lending & Transaction Management team in respect of global strategic initiatives (including Digital programmes) and risk management activities.
- Providing guidance and support to members of the Global Commercial Banking Legal team on implementation of strategic and functional priorities with a particular focus on Product Governance, management of Cross Border risks, simplification of legal documentation and innovation of delivery of legal services.
- Supporting on the implementation of significant regulatory or legislative programmes.
You might be the right person if you:
- Like the sound of working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment for a market leading organisation.
- Like working with multinational companies, spanning different markets and industries.
- Embrace the use of technology tools to facilitate your work.
- Work well independently as well as with teams.
Essential experience and skills for success:
- Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 3 PQE.
- Exposure to an in-house environment (ideally a financial institution).
- Familiarity with lending products.
- Can act independently, and use good judgment, but also not afraid to ask questions.
- Excellent written skills, particularly depicting complex ideas clearly and concisely.
- Professionalism in both verbal and written work.
- Qualified Solicitor in England & Wales.
Elevate is the law company. We provide consulting, technology and services to law departments and law firms. Our global team of lawyers, engineers, consultants and business experts improve efficiency, quality and outcomes for customers worldwide. Elevate's achievements and distinctions include:
- Ranked on the Inc. 5000 list of Fastest-Growing Private Companies two years in a row.
- Ranked as a top Global Services Provider by Chambers & Partners three years in a row.
- Lead Partner of the FT Innovative Lawyers Awards.