Support Workers - (Full-time & Part-time)
For a Supported Living Service in Stanmore
Salary: £17,191.20 per annum (£8.70 per hour)
Location: Stanmore, London (HA7)
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of the people we support?
Hoffmann Foundation for Autism (HFA) is a registered charity with more than sixty five years' experience of providing a range of specialist services to adults on the Autism Spectrum.
Our aim is to enhance the lives of adults with Autism by ensuring that each one of the people we support receives an individualised service that will enable them to lead as independent a life as possible and make a positive contribution to their communities.
We are currently recruiting for both Full-time and Part-time Support Workers for our Supported Living Service in Stanmore.
The Full-time hours of work are 38 hours per week. The annual salary is £17,191.20 per annum.
The Part-time hours are either 25 hours per week, 20 hours per week and 15 hours per week. The hourly rate of pay is £8.70 per hour.
Our Supported Living Service in Stanmore is a large property comprising of 4 flats in the leafy surroundings of Stanmore. The service provides 24 hour care and support to people on the Autism Spectrum.
The Support Worker Role:
Your role will be to provide practical support, including intimate personal care and completing all the relevant documentation promptly and accurately. You will ensure that the living accommodation is respected as someone's home, carrying out any domestic duties, such as cleaning, washing and ironing, that is necessary.
As a Support Worker you will work as part of a flexible team across a seven-day rota which includes early and late shifts with opportunities for extra hours.
Requirements for the Support Worker Role:
* Putting the people we support at the heart of all we do
* Ability to challenge yourself, learn and develop in what you do
* Ability to challenge bad practice and hold people to account
* Ability to reflect and improve service delivery
* Commitment to our values
* Passionate about what we do and willingness to work within a team
* Great communication skills and be comfortable making decisions
* A basic level of English and Maths is also required
* IT Literate
* We are committed to developing your individual skills to help you reach your full potential and we offer a comprehensive induction and training programme and opportunities for career progression.
* So, if working in an environment where every day is different, the work is challenging but also rewarding and you really want to make a difference to the lives of the people we support, then we would like to hear from you.
We offer the following Benefits:
* We offer full funding towards NVQ (RQF) Level 2, Level 3 and Level 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
* Staff Loan / Season ticket loan.
* Access to our Employee Assistance Programme
* 30 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
* Additional annual leave after 4 years' service, (to a maximum of 38 days).
To apply please send your CV or an application form, outlining how you meet the requirements of the role. If you would like to discuss the Support Worker role in more detail or have any questions about the Support Worker role please contact Winnie Bengo on 0203 640 7494 or 020 7269 6930.
Please click 'Apply' to send a copy of your CV.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: