- To ensure the efficient and smooth running of the Reception Area.
- To promote a professional approach to meeting and greeting visitors.
- To support the Centre Administrators in ensuring that the administrative and operational procedures and tasks are carried out effectively.
- To co-ordinate meetings as required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To effectively manage the Reception Area. Greet visitors and callers in a polite and professional manner and represent the company in a positive light at all times.
- To facilitate the administration of day to day security requirements; i.e. signing out keys and alarms.
- To carry out administrative tasks, e.g. post, filing, faxing, photocopying, laminating, shredding and archiving.
- To operate the Centres switchboard effectively and ensure a prompt response to incoming calls and take accurate messages when required.
- To escort visitors to the meeting room and offer them refreshments.
- To update spread sheets and do copy typing as required.
- To take minutes at meetings and produce typed notes for presentation.
- To keep the reception area in a presentable fashion at all times.
- To effectively manage or complete job functions and tasks which are specifically delegated to you by the Operations Manager.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 1 years experience in a similar environment.
- Competent PC skills, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience in typing with a high level of accuracy.
Abilities and Skills
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to adopt a flexible working approach.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Possess excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and to ensure their implementation and compliance with them.
- Ability to facilitate team working for the benefit of patients and staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Willingness to receive supervision and personal appraisal.
- Willingness to undertake training in accordance with assessed need.
- Willingness to adhere to anti-discrimination, health and safety and other statutory policies.
All employees are expected to comply with statutory requirements and the Company's employment policies while carrying out their work. The post holder will be encouraged to develop skills and capabilities, including participation in projects and training events. Accordingly, the range of duties and responsibilities outlined above may change from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Service.
Health & Safety
All employees are subject to the Health & Safety at Work Act. The post holder is required to pro-actively comply with the Companys Heath & Safety policy.
All employees are required to work in a confidential manner in all aspects of their work.
This job description is not meant to be definitive or restrictive and will be modified to meet changing needs.