Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Assistant Team Manager to work full-time within a Locality Team based in Swindon. The ideal candidates will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice and be registered with the HCPC.
The salary for this permanent Assistant Team Manager job is £41,500 to £47,338 per annum, plus retention payments on top of salary;£3000 in year 1, £2000 in year 2 and £1000 in year 3.
- To operationally manage and supervise the team to ensure high quality service to children; focussed on good outcomes with timely interventions at the right level; within statutory guidelines and within given resource and budget availability.
- To model good management by taking professional responsibility for the provision of a high quality and responsive service.
- To assist the Group Manager in the determination of priorities, and through effective management and supervision of social care staff, ensure children are safeguarded and their welfare promoted.
- To assist in the initiation and implementation of operational business plans, legislation and policy guidance for the delivery of the Council priorities.
Requirements of the Assistant Team Manager:
- To undertake work in accordance with legislation, guidance and protocols and have a clear understanding of how the role contributes and adds value to outcomes for children and their families.
- To undertake the necessary investigations using information from various sources in addition to direct contact with families, children and professionals to analyse and determine the level of support and actions required.
- To have a robust oversight of care planning with a focus on timely progression to permanence.
- Ensure that diversity is respected and takes account of the different needs of children and their carers, and that the decisions made and service delivery is sensitive to and addresses discriminatory issues of language, gender, ethnicity, religion, ability, sexuality and social background.
- To ensure that social workers record all case work, undertake assessments, analysis, decisions, care planning and actions on the necessary ICS systems - signing off all decisions made and discussing any issues that require clarification or further scrutiny with the relevant member of staff.
- Recognised and relevant professional qualification e.g. DipSW, CQSW, CSS.
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Significant post qualification experience in a Local Authority child protection children's services setting.
This Assistant Team Manager job is advertised by Jenifer Watts; if you are interested in this position, please click above to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients' requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity by contacting us. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.