About Euromoney TRADEDATA
Euromoney TRADEDATA is an established and trusted reference data provider to the futures and options industry and has witnessed success, failure and recovery in a market whose structure has fundamentally changed over the last decade but now faces its biggest challenges ahead as a result of significant regulatory change. For 20 years, Euromoney TRADEDATA is proud to have supplied reference data services to clients. During this time the company has worked closely with its customer base to innovate, develop and implement enhanced customised reference data solutions and has tackled market data vendor symbology, responded to increased activity in OTC clearing and new regulatory reporting requirements mandated as a response to the financial crisis.
As a result of a maternity leave, TRADEDATA are looking for someone to undertake various data source, collate and entry tasks in a timely and efficient manner working closely with the team to meet common objectives, and provide a high level of service to our clients. The successful candidate will be able to work quickly and efficiently with a high degree of accuracy. The role holder will report to the Operations Manager.
As part of the UK data team:
- Ensure that the Exchange Traded (ETD), Over the Counter (OTC) and non-ETD futures and options and related products’ contract specification database is maintained to exacting standards of quality through the use of bespoke workflow tools and training from domain experts
- Target turnaround for updating database should be no longer than 24 hours after system exception notifications or client queries. Appropriate records/reports must be maintained to provide an audit of data changes. Appropriate steps must be made to obtain missing information. Maintain a record of action(s) taken
- Ensure that all appropriate contract position limits are obtained and processed. Maintain a good record of issues, resolutions, improvements, best practices and demonstrate a procedure for review/updating
- Deliver client contract commitments (SLAs) to time, quality and cost, highlighting risks and mitigation strategies accordingly
- Ensure all associated projects are performed to agreed deadlines and appropriate records are maintained
- Ensure that procedure guides for all data management processes are maintained and are constantly updated with any changes or amendments
- Ensure all team tick lists, proformas, logs, etc. are properly maintained
- Keep track of trends and pro-actively identify continuous improvement measures
- Provide cover during staff absences and peak volumes, as directed by the Operations Manager
- Engage with other team members building a high performance and inclusive culture in which talent can thrive
- Achieve alignment and understanding to Euromoney’s code of conduct and group policies across the team
- To work with peers across the team to establish networking links and common areas for collaboration
- Undertake projects as directed by the Operations Manager
- Undertake client investigations as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Works with internal staff to ensure cost-effective and efficient data sourcing
- Liaises with clients and other third parties to ensure customer service levels are maintained and improved and client issues are effectively dealt with
- Liaises with business users of data management systems and productivity applications and collating feedback to ensure all user needs are met
- Keeps management informed of operational status through periodic status reporting and project updates.
Personal Skills Essential:
- Good communication skills
- Good interaction with staff and working with teams
- Very good organisational and planning skills
- A very high standard of focus, accuracy and attention to detail is essential
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exemplary high standards of honesty, integrity and endeavour
- Ability to use initiative in identifying day to day issues and challenges and recommending appropriate course of action(s)
Personal Skills Desirable:
- Ideally, experience gained within a futures & options trading environment or support background but will consider any financial services background
Experience Must Have:
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Data entry in exacting quality centric environment
- Futures and Options knowledge
- Some working knowledge of MS SQL tools
- MiFID II and regulatory frameworks
- Microsoft Access (desirable but not essential)