- Graduates at Power Conversion experience technically challenging and innovative rotations in the areas of engineering, field service, project management, fleet management and sales for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries.
- Rotations focus in the areas of design, analysis, quality, reliability, and integration & test.
- Technology areas include power conversion, power electronics, power systems, electrical distribution equipment (e.g. relays, breakers, meters, transformers), and controls platforms.
- Experience and training combined with mentoring and guidance from assignment managers, prepares members with the technical skills and values needed to achieve a successful career at GE Power.
- Program members will conduct four rotational assignments on projects driven by real GE business priorities.
- Graduates have the technical and business foundation to make innovative contributions that help save and improve people\u0027s lives.
- If you love technology and want a career in engineering and business management, the Power Conversion Graduate Program is for you.
The Power Conversion Graduate Program is an 18 month entry-level engineering and business program for January 2020, committed to the development of people with a passion for technology and a drive for technical excellence. The program is designed to accelerate participants\u0027 professional development through intense technical training and a variety of business-critical assignments.
- Achieved 2:1 Bachelors or Masters Degree from an accredited university in one of the following disciplines: Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Materials Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience.
- A strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate technical problems in clear and simple terms.
- A demonstrated strong technical aptitude towards problem solving.
- Strong team skills with demonstrated leadership skills.
- Knowledge of advanced mathematics
Unrestricted work authorisation for the UK.
- Must be willing to relocate and be willing to move as business needs change.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
- Preference will be given to persons that have prior intern, co-op, or research experience in an engineering environment; candidates that have a strong commitment to a career in technology and a passion for engineering; candidates that have demonstrated an analytic approach to problem solving; and candidates that have demonstrated leadership skills, community involvement, and candidates with a passion for technology.
- Most desirable is a dual career in Electrical/Mechanical/General Engineering background with a focus around systems, computer science and cybersecurity.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world’s largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on