Start Date: June 2020Duration: 12 MonthsLocation: Watford, Hertfordshire
We have an exciting opportunity for an Intern to join the EMEA Hilton Supply Management (HSM) team on a 12 month placement. The HSM intern for EMEA will be responsible for contributing to and supporting the Supply Management function in the areas of Category Management, Customer Engagement & Reporting and Analytics. The Intern's key role is to support each function with day to day tasks in assembling together data, research & development. Why Work for Hilton?
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,750+ properties in 113 countries and territories. In the 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 17 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognised hotel brand in the world.
We are consistently endorsed by our employees as a Great Place to Work in all of the countries in which we operate, and for the last three years we have been voted by UK students as the most popular Graduate Recruiter in the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism sector. Hilton Work Perks
In addition to a competitive salary you will also receive a range of excellent benefits - probably the best of which is our Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program. This provides you with access to heavily reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends. Perfect for the holiday savvy intern!
In our Watford office you will also benefit from a subsidized canteen, free in- house gym and a games room. You will be part of a cohort of approximately 30 Interns who are spread across various departments, and will be involved in our unique intern programme. This includes monthly meetings and assignments which are designed to support your development.A bit about the job
This 12 month internship will provide an in-depth insight into Hilton Supply Management which includes some of the below tasks:
- Owning the process & deliverables of critical HSM reports that provide the foundation for tactical and strategic decisions
- Liaising with Finance in regards to invoice management and financial reporting to support accurate P&L reports
- Studying and reporting on latest commodity trends using cutting-edge tools for internal and external stakeholders
- Leading a sourcing event and providing additional support for other sourcing events to drive immediate value
- Interacting with hotels to ensure Supply Management issues are addressed with a customer focus
- Researching and developing lead intelligence for HSM revenue opportunities
As part of the internship, you will also get the opportunity to rotate through 3 HSM departments and complete a project that has primary deliverables in each rotation that builds into final completion. You will understand the full process of Supply Management starting with data then turning it into strategic sourcing and leveraging it into revenue.What are we looking for?
As with any job, we do have certain criteria that you will need to meet in order to be considered for this amazing opportunity. These are detailed as follows;
- Must be in your second year of undergraduate study at the point of application, preferably in a Business, Hospitality, Mathematics or similar discipline
- Must be able to start in June 2020 and available for the full 12 months.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK. If you are a non-EU national then you will need to be studying at a UK university in order to be eligible to undertake a placement here.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including ability to understand/manipulate spreadsheets (Pivot tables and VLOOKUPs), and experience managing large data sets (e.g. 1,000+ rows of data).
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Working knowledge in the creation of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
If you would like to be considered for this internship please ensure that you submit your application (in English) on or before 1st January 2020
. Please bear with us whilst we process your application as we receive a lot of interest and we want to ensure that each applicant is given the consideration he/she deserves.
You'll be contacted via email by our Graduate Recruitment Team who will inform you of the outcome and (if applicable) next steps. If your application is taken forward, you will be asked to complete a series of online assessments and a video interview.Beyond the Internship
Whilst we are not always able to guarantee an offer of employment at the end of your studies, we like to keep in touch with our intern community and many have successfully re-joined Hilton upon completion of their degree. To give you a few examples, we currently have former interns working for us in Finance, Marketing, Sales, HR, Procurement… The list goes on!
Not ready to apply?
Not ready to apply?
Check Out Similar Jobs
Supply Management Intern - 12 months - June 2020 | Watford, Hertfordshire Jobs | Supply Management, Procurement, Purchasing, and Receiving Jobs
Hilton - Regional Headquarters - Europe
Maple Court, Central Park, Reeds Crescent