Graduate/Junior Consultant – Policy, Strategy & Compliance (Environmental Reporting)
Reports to: Head of Environmental Reporting
Location: Overmoor (Corsham near Bath)
Verco is an award-winning employee owned energy consultancy. Our vision is to provide solutions for a zero-carbon world; helping our clients reduce their environmental impact and save money through data drive analysis, grounded advice and real-world solutions.
We are proud to work with some of the biggest names in the business, across a wide range of sectors; from governments designing energy efficiency policy, to work with industry leaders on their pressing energy and resource management challenges. We provide a wide range of reporting, compliance and energy management services using our proprietary software Carbon DesktopTM, in conjunction with an experienced consultancy team and latest analytics.
Overall Role Purpose:
The purpose of the Junior Consultant role is to provide technical resource to projects and business development activities and to meet or exceed targeted levels of utilisation and productivity. This role will primarily support the reporting and compliance based services working with some of the UK's leading sustainability teams.
1. Project Management
• To deliver required project inputs according to time, quality and budget requirements. In time, you will take responsibility for project work streams and small-scale consulting projects.
2. Technical input
• Provide technical input and effective data analysis to projects to support the achievement of deliverables to time and budget
3. Business development and proposal writing
• Assist proposal creation through the collation of required information and to provide support to managers and directors in order to achieve individual and sales targets.
4. Client management
• Maintain strong relationships with existing clients through professional interactions.
• Provide timely responses to operational needs including time-sheeting, invoicing, reviews, project management information, health & safety, etc.
6. Performance targets
• To take shared responsibility for meeting or exceeding targeted levels of personal performance and productivity and for advertising capacity levels and availability
The role represents the entry point within Verco's consultancy career structure and the opportunity to develop and demonstrate the capabilities required to perform a full consultancy role within the business. You will be supported in your career development, through developing skills such as project management, your technical skills and to supporting you towards a Chartership.
We are looking for someone who has a degree (or equivalent) in engineering, economics, sciences, environmental or in an equivalent and relevant area. You will preferably have some experience support/advising clients on technical issues associated with energy efficiency. You'll have the ability to work independently and creatively on challenging research problems, and will have strong data analytics and IT skills.
Please see the person specification attached or available on our website.
What we can offer
You can look forward to working for an employee owned business with a strong values-driven culture. This will mean working as part of a dynamic, passionate team of like-minded professionals in a supportive, trust-based environment.
You will enjoy immediate access to a comprehensive range of employee benefits and support services. Benefits include 5% employer pension contribution, private medical insurance, travel insurance, 25 days holiday (increasing with service) and volunteering days. Verco will also actively invest in your career development.
£24k - £28k depending on experience.
Please submit your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org confirming 'Junior Consultant - PSC' as the subject of the email.
The closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 21st October 2019. Interviews will take place week commencing 28th October.
Verco is committed to providing equal opportunities in employment and demonstrating that we value the diversity of our workforce. Applicants must, however, be eligible to work in the UK.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: