Start Date: June 2020.Duration: 12 Months.Location: Watford, Hertfordshire.
We are looking to hire an Intern to join our Food and Beverage Development team on a 12 month placement. This placement is ideally suited to an undergraduate with a passion for food and restaurant concepts or interior design, who is looking to gain experience within a globally renowned hospitality company.Why Work for Hilton?
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,750+ properties in 113 countries and territories. In the 100 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 17 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognised hotel brand in the world.
We are consistently endorsed by our employees as a Great Place To Work in all of the countries in which we operate, and for the last three years we have been voted by UK students as the most popular Graduate Recruiter in the Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism sector. Hilton Work Perks
In addition to a competitive salary you will also receive a range of excellent benefits - probably the best of which is our Go Hilton Team Member Travel Program. This provides you with access to heavily reduced hotel room rates for you, your family & friends. Perfect for the holiday savvy intern!
In our Watford office you will also benefit from a subsidized canteen, free in- house gym and a games room. You will be part of a cohort of approximately 30 Interns who are spread across various departments, and will be involved in our unique intern programme. This includes monthly meetings and assignments which are designed to support your development.A bit about the team
The Restaurant Development team are responsible for driving the development of high quality food & beverage concepts for Hilton's Luxury, Lifestyle, Full Service and Focus Service Brands. This includes everything from the look and feel of the restaurant, the identity of the restaurant, to the food that ends up on the plates. As an Intern, you will support on a variety of projects and will gain great exposure and insight to a career within Food and Beverage Concept Development and Branding on an international scale.A bit about the job
As an intern, you will be an integral part of the team and will play an active role in our continued success. Some of the more specific responsibilities you will be taking on are detailed as follows;
What are we looking for?
- Carrying out extensive desktop market research on Food and Beverage trends, analysing and reporting your findings and sharing these with the wider team.
- Supporting the development of concept briefs, presentations and prototypes
- Tracking pipeline for future projects and statuses of existing projects.
- You will be instrumental in the day to day organising of the team which will include providing general administrative support, attending meetings and communicating with a range of internal stakeholders, both in the UK and internationally.
As with any job, we do have certain criteria that you will need to meet in order to be considered for this amazing opportunity. These are detailed as follows;
- Must be in your second or final year of undergraduate study at the point of application
- Must be able to start in June 2020 and available for the full 12 months.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK. If you are a non-EU national then you will need to be studying at a UK university in order to be eligible to undertake a placement here.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for food and dining out, and will be able to input suggestions that will help us to deliver exceptional dining culture internationally.
- Some hospitality industry experience is preferred although not essential. Knowledge of restaurant concepts, restaurant design, Food and Beverage trends and menu planning would also be great to have.
If you would like to be considered for this internship please ensure that you submit your application (in English) on or before 1st January 2020
. Please bear with us whilst we process your application as we receive a lot of interest and we want to ensure that each applicant is given the consideration he/she deserves.
You'll be contacted via email by our Graduate Recruitment Team who will inform you of the outcome and (if applicable) next steps. If your application is taken forward, you will be asked to complete a series of online assessments and a video interview.Beyond the Internship
Whilst we are not always able to guarantee an offer of employment at the end of your studies, we like to keep in touch with our intern community and many have successfully re-joined Hilton upon completion of their degree. To give you a few examples, we currently have former interns working for us in Finance, Marketing, Sales, HR, Procurement… The list goes on!
Not ready to apply?
Not ready to apply?
Check Out Similar Jobs
Restaurant Development Intern - 12 months - June 2020 | Watford, Hertfordshire Jobs | Food and Beverage Jobs
Hilton - Regional Headquarters - Europe
Maple Court, Central Park, Reeds Crescent