Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Start date: September 2020
Application closing date: 10th November 2019
Our UK Graduate Programmes provides exceptional graduates the opportunity to master managerial and technical skills. Over the 2/3 year period it combines rotational placements with focused training and the possibility of European assignments as well as further personal development and the chance to build your professional network.
From day one, you will be assigned to a particular department and will be guided through the various placement opportunities that exist within this function, the wider business and even with customers and suppliers. This, along with training provided works to ensure you are ready and experienced enough to take the next step of your career following the programmes conclusion.
Facilities Management and Real Estate UK (FM & RE):
· The department is responsible for the provision and delivery of real estate management (tenant and landlord), aerodrome management, major building and construction projects, minor works, energy supply and management, services – maintenance, catering, cleaning, waste management, transportation, translation, library, graphics and printing and space management. Supporting all the teams is our Performance and Improvement organisation. With a total UK operational budget of 155m€ · Working within the FM&RE function; this opportunity offers the successful applicants the change to influence and drive change in a challenging and diverse department, matured over recent years to an integrated “ONE FM&RE” team incorporating both Airbus Commercial and Airbus Defence and Space (ADS) across the UK. · Major projects: During 2020 the Airbus Defence & Space site at Stevenage will see the delivery of a £35m investment project of a new HQ for Space in the UK that will house prime project functions, to deliver the Telecoms and Science space missions, in addition we also manage circa £25 – 30m of our own and business units Capex. The successful candidate will potentially have the opportunity to be involved in aspects of this exciting project, contributing to the construction project management and space utilisation for a workplace that meets the changing demographics and culture of the site incorporating new ways of working. · Alongside the delivery of key improvement projects the candidate will also contribute to a multimillion pound asset investment strategy within Airbus as well as offering support to the delivery of Capital Investment business cases and supporting the Energy Team with energy utilisation and conservation assessments to deliver key investment proposals incorporating total life cycle and sustainability performance targets. · Commercial investment per annum across, Facilities Management circa 9m€ pa and business capital investment FM support circa 15m€ · Identify and manage specific energy projects that will support the Airbus ‘Vision 2030’ corporate environmental objectives · Identify and implement sustainability initiatives to support Airbus Corporate Social Responsibilities. · Identify and manage specific sustainability projects to meet Airbus corporate objectives. · Ensuring Compliance and development of systems and tools to obtain future Accreditations
Main activities of the role may include;
We are keen to accept forward thinking innovative graduates who are eager to develop themselves into a position of technical or managerial excellence in order to support the FM & RE organisation within current and future infrastructure and services deliverables.
As an FM & RE graduate you will be responsible for the completion of the objectives set by yourself and your placement manager, which in turn will form the tasks and accountabilities for your time on the programme. These objectives will be individual, defined by the placements you undertake in line with business needs and your development and will contribute to you developing the necessary skills to progress within the FM & RE organisation, for example
· Support to Energy utilisation/conservation assessments and contributing to proposals for investments · Office space management, including identification of ‘new ways of working’ · Delivery of a consolidated asset management strategy · Business Case generation to support capital investment applications in the UK
With support from the domain, you will be responsible for planning your placements in line with your development and learning objectives. As our business strategy changes it would be advantageous for the successful candidate to have knowledge of Project management and Lean principles
Please note, we love your interest in working for Airbus but we do ask that you make only one application. We encourage you to take time to decide which of our exciting opportunities is right for you and then submit an application that best represents you, your skills and experience in connection with the role you have selected.
One application: Make It Possible, Make It Happen, Make It Fly Count!
Educated to either degree level (2:1 or above), with competent levels within:
· Mechanical and Electrical Engineering · Controls Engineering · Business Management · Digital technology · Facilities Management · Construction and Engineering · Digital Technology · Energy Management
· Project Management · Analytical thinking and problem solving. · Financial Management · Teamwork and leadership · Pro-active with a strong drive for personal development · Excellent written and verbal communication skills · Ability to work independently and as part of a team · Supplier management
Please ensure that a covering letter detailing motivations and suitability for this position is included in your application.
This role will be based in Filton and will receive the full Airbus Graduate programme benefit package including an annual Salary of £27,000, plus a welcome payment of £2,000.
Please let us know if you need us to make any adjustments. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; additional time for written exercises; auxiliary aids; room layout; dietary requirements etc. If you wish to discuss this further please contact via email firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
As a graduate with us, you’ll be a full-time employee and working on real projects and making a difference from day one. That’s why we make sure you’re properly rewarded for the work you do.
· 27,000 + £2,000 joining bonus · 35 hour weeks · 33 days annual leave including bank holidays · Success sharing · A selection of voluntary benefits such as Employee car leasing scheme, financial advice, employee discounts with nationwide stores, and more! · A competitive pension · Tax-effective share plans · Enhanced family friendly policies · Cycle to work scheme · Flexible work arrangements · An independent, 24-hour, confidential counselling service
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus. Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.