The KPMG Pensions Team are always questioning conventional thinking, helping our clients’ businesses thrive by ensuring their pension schemes are as effective as possible. We have a breadth of roles across our dynamic sectors, each one offering the opportunity to get involved in exciting work and deliver bespoke solutions. You’ll be given the training and development you need to decipher complex concepts and the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities in your chosen sector.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
The key work streams within the department include:
- Delivering professional pensions consulting advice on a wide range of corporate and Trustee pension issues.
- Undertaking work such as individual member calculations, scheme actuarial valuations, producing accounting disclosures and PPF Levy calculations
- Working on projects such as benefit change, scheme design, liability management, scheme de-risking/insurance
- Supporting the audit teams in understanding the actuarial aspects of financial statements.
Role and Responsibilities
- Checking work produced by junior colleagues and ensuring it is technically excellent and consistently accurate calculations with clear audit trail
- Produce high quality deliverables addressing key client issues
- Manage your own time and that of reports effectively to consistently meet all deadlines
- Take responsibility for and manage small projects / audits (including appropriate delegation fee analysis and billing)
- Regularly monitor all aspects of risk compliance
- Show awareness of commercial issues and occasionally applies this to identify potential opportunities for clients
- Direct internal and external client contact
- Studying for the FIA actuarial exams and making good progress
Experience and Background
- Good understanding of UK pensions landscape and issues facing clients
- Consistently able to work at high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach
- Fully engaged and taking responsibility for own performance - Contributes to the development of others
- Seeks opportunities to develop internal KPMG network and knowledge of other areas of the business
If the chance to work with interesting clients and innovative technology wasn’t rewarding enough, we’ll motivate you in other ways too. At KPMG you can expect real responsibilities and opportunities to grow professionally.
‘Our Deal’ sets out all the different ways you’ll be rewarded at KPMG. Among other things you can benefit from honest conversations about your career as well as a range of other rewards. In all these ways and more, we have created an environment that can bring out the best in you.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands.
We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Applying with a Disability
KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that you are treated fairly throughout our Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss any reasonable adjustments that you may require, with your recruitment contact.
KPMG's commitment to diversity
We are proud of the value we place on individuality; we want you to bring your full self to work and truly maximise your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results for our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG.
Returning to work after a break At KPMG, we appreciate that returning to work after an extended career break can be daunting. We understand that those with experience who have taken a career break have a wealth of experience and knowledge to offer our organisation, which helps us to achieve our business goals. We will support you to refresh your skills, develop your confidence and provide a supportive network across the firm to help you best integrate into the working environment. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies:Policy