At Schneider, we believe access to energy and digital is a basic human right. We empower all to do more with less , ensuring Life Is On everywhere, for everyone, at every moment.
We provide energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability . We combine world-leading energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services into integrated solutions for Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
We are committed to unleash the infinite possibilities of an open, global, innovative community that is passionate with our Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values.
The Connected Living line of business is part of the Energy Management Business Unit within the Schneider Electric group and is a global provider of smart products used to control heating, hot water, humidity and cooling in domestic and small commercial installations. The business is investing in new product design, market expansion and further development of existing markets. The business has recently launched an exciting new range of Internet and cloud-connected smart products to exploit the opportunities provided by the rapid growth of the Internet of Things (IoT).
Most of the residential controls product range is manufactured at facilities in Plymouth, UK under the Drayton brand and in Nuremberg, Germany as Eberle Controls. We also have design, development and support teams in Plymouth and Maidenhead.
As a Test Automation Engineer with us you will join a global technology leader and a dynamic team where you will develop yourself and your career. As an individual you will bring a keen desire to face challenges and truly embrace modern technologies, both proprietary and open source, that can help with the development and testing of products based on networks of smart connected devices. You will be enthusiastic about mentoring colleagues in other teams on test automation and will be keen to champion “design for testability and maintainability”.
You will be part of an agile team supporting the testing effort and helping implement innovative test solutions for Cloud, mobile, and embedded systems and be comfortable working at the code level. You will be a test champion, driving continuous improvement of our processes, tools, and practices and you will help facilitate testing within the various teams through our test automation framework and supporting CI based technologies.
This is a great opportunity to expand your professional expertise while creating real, customer-focused products that are released worldwide.
Your key responsibilities:
· Help design, develop, maintain and evolve our test automation framework based on leading proprietary and open source products that will integrate with our CI infrastructure and delivery pipeline
· Help ensure the automation framework supports: unit, component, integration and system testing
· Help extend the framework to include regression testing and introduce non-functional testing (e.g. performance, scalability, UI testing) to further improve product quality
· Collaborate with developers to ensure thorough unit, component and integration tests are conducted
· Champion process improvements to increase quality, reduce costs, and improve efficiency alongside supporting continuous improvement by investigating alternatives
· Participate in agile planning events including Scrums, sprint planning, and retrospectives.
· Collaborate closely with developers and Product Owners across teams to implement best practices for product quality and resilience
· Strong technical background with experience in open source automated and technical test products e.g., NUnit, Junit, TestNG, JMeter, Selenium, Postman, Wireshark
· Experience with writing automation tests and integrating with software build/version control/test management tools (e.g. TeamCity, GitHub, HipTest)
· A knowledge of Test and Behaviour Driven Development
· Previous experience working with developers during unit and component test activities
· Experience and/or awareness of the Systems/Product/Software engineering lifecycles
· Experience of working in agile development environments, including Scrum along with the supporting agile practices (e.g. stand-ups, 3 Amigos, team retrospectives)
· Object oriented software development experience e.g. C#
· Experience working with a remote team
· Experience with Jira and the Atlassian Suite
· Interest in energy management, smart home systems and the IoT
· Experience in working in a Scaled Agile (SAFe) environment
· Experience with automated testing in a cloud service provider stack (e.g. AWS, Azure, VMWare, Google)
Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice – apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are open to a conversation about flexible working .
System test, systems testing, automated testing, behaviour driven development, behave, software testing, embedded firmware testing, quality, connected home, smart home, Internet of Things, IoT, App testing, embedded systems, SDET, Software Development Engineer in Test