This is an excellent position for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Small business team in Maidstone. You will be working with a team of Insurance professionals who are recognised as experts within their field.
The quality of our Underwriters is pivotal to Allianz’s success, as a key member of the team you will be able to learn the fundamentals of underwriting whilst developing your trading and soft skills. You’ll be given opportunities to seek new business, develop existing relationships and renew existing cases. No risk is the same, so you’ll need to use your strong analytical and communication skills, as well as technical knowledge to influence our brokers and develop strong trading relationships.
We offer a great environment to support and nurture personal and technical development, including participation in our award winning underwriting academy and Level 3 Insurance practitioner apprenticeship scheme. Alongside this you will learn to underwrite Allianz products and develop your trading and soft skills over the course of an 8 week induction programme. After this time, your development will continue with further specialist training giving you the authority to handle more complex work and make wider trading decisions
This opportunity is ideal for either a new entrant or someone in the early stages of their career that is keen to gain and develop their technical expertise quickly.Skills & Experience
• GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent)
• Good numerical, written and verbal communication (particularly telephony) skills are essential
• Confidence in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Experience of working in the financial sector is desirable but not essential
• Evidence of personal and professional development and commitment to further development is essential
• You must enjoy interacting with others, building strong internal and external relationships and have excellent communication skills
• You should be confident handling, analysing and interpreting data
• You should thrive in a fast paced environment and get a sense of achievement meeting goals and targets
At Allianz we believe that the difference in our people makes the difference to our business. We’re committed to removing any barriers in our recruitment process so if you’re having difficulties with your online application or any other stage, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For external applicants only –
Please be aware that we will require satisfactory pre-employment evidence to include DBS, Financial Probity and Fraud checks, before you can commence employment with us.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: