If this position receives high volumes of applications we reserve the right to close this advert earlier than stated, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Sports Direct is the UK's largest sports retailer, operating from over 400 locations in the UK and Europe, this really is an exciting place to work, based at our purpose built UK Head Office in Shirebrook, Mansfield (10 mins from Junc 29, M1) this is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to join Sports Direct's Design Team.
Our in house design team create products for a growing portfolio of our own and licensed brands, which cover a varied range of categories, including fashion, performance sports, character licensing, core sports and fitness.
We are a wide-ranging department that cover apparel, graphics, hard goods and accessories.
Our designers need to have a passion for creating innovative products that are in line with current trends, whilst always ensuring that we give our customers the true value that they have come to expect from our company. We need you to be able to deliver innovative graphic design solutions across all sports equipment categories.
* You will need to have a degree or relevant qualifications, in the required field, plus 5 years plus experience in a similar role, as well as strong Adobe Suite knowledge focusing on Illustrator/Photoshop skills.
* You need to be quick thinking and able to combine creative skills with commerciality, which is the key factor within our success.
* You will also need excellent communication skills to work between the designers within the team, buyers, marketing, and assist factory representatives in their interpretation of your designs.
* Work closely with the Buying and Design team from concept to product launch within graphic application and cosmetic design.
* Offer creative input to packaging design and instore merchandising as well as development of product ideas and packaging solutions across Sports Direct an group fascias.
* A flexible approach to working across multiple product categories within the brand guidelines whilst keeping to strict deadlines and delivering a high standard of output.
* Excellent Photoshop, Illustrator skills
* A degree or relevant qualifications
* 5 years+ experience in a similar role
* Main focus on Print, AOP and placement, as well as packaging & labelling
* Constantly looking to develop new ideas and challenge existing ones
* Hardworking & dedicated
* Able to work as part of a team
* Flexible to the needs of the business
* Excellent communication skills
Sports Direct is the UK's leading sports retailer by revenue and operating profit, and the owner of a significant number of internationally recognised sports and leisure brands. Sports Direct is also a Top 10 Global Sports Retailer. The Group has retail interests outside the UK including; Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Cyprus and Republic of Ireland and has a flexible approach to entry into new markets.
SportsDirect is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
var link = $('.apply-link').attr('href'); $('.jd-apply a').attr('href', link)