Play Sports Group (PSG) are looking for a Mobile Application Product Manager to join our growing team based in Bath.
An experienced Product Manager who has released successful apps into the wild and seen them through from concept to launch, you’ll also be a keen cyclist who knows both the (literal) nuts and bolts of bikes and also what makes cyclists tick.
You’ll be a great negotiator who’s easily able to prioritise the workload of a team used to working in an agile way and you’ll be happy to work alongside senior management and developers.
You should be able to come up with ideas for features, optimisations for existing features and be able to bring a product to a large global audience.
- Lead Product team to success, transcending reporting lines while generating a strong team culture
- Manage product roadmap for one or more areas, getting internal consensus and incorporating feedback from a range of sources to ensure the right features are delivered at the right time.
- Contribute to the delivery of high-quality products as perceived by the end user, measured against satisfaction metrics
- Ensure business needs are documented and reflected in product roadmaps and in the resulting products
- Work successfully within a milestone-driven environment, utilising standardised product development processes
- Contribute to on-time, on-budget delivery of products
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Native iOS and Android app product management experience, from concept to launch
- An understanding of cyclists, cycling and the bike industry
- Excellent technical background
- A strong focus in product quality
- Able to work with a multidisciplinary team (C level, developers, designers, content owners, data analysts)
- Able to prioritise features and user stories to ensure roadmap remains on track
- The confidence and knowledge to use the best tools and languages for the job and present new solutions to problems where you see a benefit
- Confidence in owning decisions throughout the project pipeline, from initial phases through to production
- Excellent written and oral communication. Able to write and present to non-digitally savvy audiences
- Willing to champion best practices in product development
NICE TO HAVE
WHAT COMPANY BENEFITS CAN YOU EXPECT?
- Experience within Product Development and Technology in a video, media or sports setting
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile product development practices
- Basic data analysis skills
- Video and display advertising, across front-end and back-end
- Working knowledge of version control
- Understanding of automated testing
- Experience of using analytical tools to increase traffic to digital properties
- Experience with multilingual mobile applications
- Happy working on a Mac
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays & Christmas week shutdown
- Enhanced sick pay
- Pension Plan
- Bang up to date technology and equipment with which to work.
- Modern offices with air con, showers, bike parking & coffee machines
- Company bike rides each summer during office hours
- Christmas Party and summer bike ride/parties
- Free lunch every month before payday
- Free birthday pizza lunch out
- Welcome gifts: GCN/GMBN cycling and casual wear
- Up to 50% discount in the GCN, GMBN and GTN shops
- Employee Referral Scheme
- A fantastically vibrant, positive, friendly, active and collaborative working environment
Play Sports Group is home to Play Sports Network and SHIFT Active Media, based in Bath.
Play Sports Network is the world’s leading creator of cycling digital video distributed on YouTube and Facebook. We are a digital sports media company focused on the world of cycling. Combining our deep love of the sport with world leading expertise in video and digital distribution, we have built a leadership position in the market.
We operate a number of market-leading YouTube channels, Global Cycling Network, Global Mountain Bike Network, Global Triathlon Network, EMBN, GCN Tech and GMBN Tech with over 2.5 million subscribers and millions of fans across associated social media platforms. Our presenters are ex-pros from the very highest levels who connect with the fans, and with world class athletes.
SHIFT Active Media is the award-winning cycling media agency and works alongside some of the biggest, most high profile brands in the cycling world. SHIFT is a full-service creative and communications agency providing a wide a variety of project to help clients achieve their strategic objectives: from website design and build, apps, print and digital advertising creative, media planning and buying, through social media strategy and delivery, commercial video creation, PR, and beyond.