Wood is recruiting for a Graduate Civil Engineer in our Bristol office to join the team in Summer 2020.
Working within various multidiscipline project design teams, you will contribute to the delivery of the civil engineering design content on a range of challenging projects across various sectors including Waste, Energy, Commercial, Industrial, Transport and highways, and Major Infrastructure.
Duties will include field investigations, preliminary analysis and studies, as well as the development of plans, construction drawings, specifications, design calculations, reports and contract documents. The position will involve technical design work at all stages of the construction cycle (i.e. feasibility through to decommissioning), detailed checking of work completed by others, coordination of civil and non-civil designs on multi-discipline projects, as well as resolution of design issues during construction.
Watch this video to learn more about Early Careers at Wood: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixsObyLi200
- Prepare technical reports at various project stages including feasibility, conceptual and detailed design
- Prepare contract documents
- Co-ordinate the production of construction drawings in CAD
- Work closely with other disciplines on multi-discipline projects
- Provide input to proposals, work scope, work schedule and budget
- Provide support to allow the Principal Designer to carry out their duties
- Prepare Design Risk Assessments
- MEng Civil Engineering
- Minimum First class or Upper Second class degree.
- Degree must be accredited by Engineering Council and ICE for CEng
- Related work experience for engineering companies
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Civil 3D an advantage but not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
- Experience in Microsoft Project an advantage but not essential
If you have the right experience and skills, and are keen to contribute to an enthusiastic team delivering quality projects, we will be pleased to hear from you.
Early Careers Group
You will have access to the Early Careers Group that brings together young professionals and offers continuing professional development opportunities. Early Careers Group activities include:
- Networking opportunities
- Participation in an annual event with early careers staff from across Europe
- Organised office socials
- Participation in charity events
- Responding to business challenges from the E&IS leadership team
- Lunch and learn sessions
- Participation in STEM events
- Developing University and Institutional links
- Access to Wood's Global Developing Professionals Network
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Published Position Title: Graduate Civil Engineer - Summer 2020 Intake