Join the “Slacktivists” creating systemic impact in the fashion industry doing what you love!
We are The Circle. A challenger initiative seeking to harness the $2.5 trillion fashion industry as a force for good. We are a mostly female-led global collective of execs across Fashion, Tech, Finance and Logistics.
We love the fashion industry but believe it could be better. Disenfranchised with the many social and environmental atrocities conducted by the fast fashion community, we've pledged to volunteer our skills in making Circular Fashion a reality. Our mission is to unite global changemakers and establish a new Circular Fashion system harnessing Blockchain to tackle inequality, injustice and environmental degradation in global supply chains.
Our Vision Volunteer our time and skills in creating a global collective of women and female-led businesses all taking small targeted actions that will eventually lead to a 100% circular fashion industry. If you share our values join our team and work with us on our launch campaign The Role: Candidates must possess a keen eye for spotting the latest fashion trends and work as part of our creative team to use your in depth knowledge of the fashion industry to research Instagram, Google, blogs and other fashion resources.
• Your role will be to assist the CEO and Creative Director in curating our portfolio of contemporary sustainable brands, vintage sellers and rental companies. • As part of our Virtual Fashion Coordinator team, you will help to influence the direction of the platforms growth with your keen knowledge of fashion.
• Keep up-to-date with the current trends in the fashion industry. • Provide trend, brand and product recommendations and analysis to help with the brand mix. • Assist with general visual merchandising duties, including selecting and presenting the product pool in the best possible way to maximise site conversion and revenue. Requirements:
• A strong interest in all things fashion, design and sustainability • A good knowledge of contemporary fashion brands and strong trend awareness • Love Slack and Asana • Love collaborating with a teams Will you make a difference? Absolutely! We are closely aligned with the UN SDGs and the global movement aimed at achieving crucial, science-based environmental and social objectives. In joining us you will become part of this global movement addressing critical issues within the Textiles Industry such as
• Reducing environmental degradation and regenerating natural resources. • Lifting people out of extreme poverty and championing financial inclusion. • Combating gender discrimination, gender inequality and social exclusion Is the Volunteer opportunity a paid role?
• As a social enterprise and a startup, this is a voluntary unpaid role for experience in the ethical fashion sphere. We are mission-focused and are looking for people who feel compelled to act and want to help us make a difference.To show you have read this far please include in your cover letter the codeword "Titania" What's in it for you?
• The opportunity to make a big impact on an important cause • One-to-one mentorship and the opportunity to develop skills and gain first-hand experience from industry professionals • Gain insight and experience of remote working and launching a social enterprise • Learn project management and office productivity tools, including Google Suite, Slack, and Asana • Connect with thought leaders and peers who share your values • Boost career prospects—recruiters rank volunteer participation highly when looking at a candidate’s social presence • Take ownership of your contribution and gain recognition playing an active role in tackling critical issues with your skills to an audience of 1 million women • The creative freedom to explore different strategies and challenges and the opportunity to be a key player in expanding a fledgeling social enterprise with a global vision Check us out :) Our Community: The Circle -https://the-circle.network Uniting changemakers through events and projects Our Projects: Assembly -https://join.assembly.eco/ Connecting consumers with “Good Fashion” (Fashion-forward products and brands that are good for people and planet) Coming Soon Blok - Supporting Independent and Sustainable brands in becoming as enduring and impactful as Fast Fashion giants.