HR Director (Maternity Leave Cover)
Location: Newcastle, NE12
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience
Hours of Work: 37 hours per week
About the Company:
Our client is a leading source of advice, support and training for Engineering, Manufacturing and Science. Their Apprenticeship programmes provide the most thorough grounding and strongest possible foundation for anyone committed to developing a rewarding career in STEM.
Our client is looking to recruit an HR Director to cover a 12 month maternity contract. This is an exciting time to join, as the business and HR and finance function are going from strength to strength. As HR Director, you will be acting as HR business partner, financial controller and company secretary to provide operational support for the business.
HR Director Responsibilities:
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, practices and Company guidelines, ensuring adherence to HR legislation. Engages senior management involvement and Legal guidance as applicable.
- Responds to employee relations issues, facilitating resolution and acquiring the involvement of senior management as necessary.
- Coordinate payroll and management information with Finance and accounting service provider.
- Manage other administrative responsibilities including but not limited to: HR electronic system, absence management, employment contracts, HR reporting, personnel files, and HR documentation.
- Develop and deliver Human Resource strategies with Directors.
- Ensure our client complies with company legislation and regulation and keeps Board members informed of their legal responsibilities. The role responsible for organising board meeting and committee meetings where the board are present, ensuring the implementation of their decisions.
Though you will spend the majority of your time working within the head office in, you will be required to travel across the region when the business requires it.
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR related field or equivalent combination of Human Resources experience and education.
- CIPD qualification.
- A sound, up to date knowledge of employment law
- Qualification and experience of working in Accounts departmental
- Qualification and experience of working as company secretary
- Outstanding communication skills, both written, verbal and when presenting
- A strong team player
- Flexibility where traveling is concerned, ideally you will have a full UK driving license
- As this role is involved with the not for profit sector, previous experience of working with a charity or third sector would be useful, though not essential;
HR Director Benefits:
- Free parking
- Company Pension Scheme plus benefit package
- 25 days holiday including bank holidays
If you believe you are suitable for a HR Director role, then please apply now!