Need to be an experienced residential conveyancing assistant, working closely with lawyers and clients
Experienced Residential Conveyancing Assistant - Pre-exchange
Our client is a forward thinking, innovative and friendly law firm based in Newbury, Thatcham and Maidenhead, which has grown substantially in recent years to a turnover of over £8m and a headcount in excess of 135.
We are looking for an experienced residential conveyancing assistant, to work closely with the lawyers, primarily on pre-exchange matters.
· To set up new files accurately and speedily on instructions from fee earner.
· To draft straightforward legal documents.
· To attend to clients both on the telephone and in person. To take and record accurately any messages and pass the same to the appropriate person without unnecessary delay.
- To deal with e mails and the scanning and copying of documents and correspondence as directed by the fee earners.
· To deal accurately with the filing of files and e mails
· To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain an up to date diary.
· To provide support for other team members as and when required (including holidays and sickness).
· To ensure the confidentiality and security of all Firm and client documentation and/or information.
· To liaise with members of staff engaged in post-contract work and to anticipate when contracts will be exchanged so that a timetable can be prepared for scheduled completions. Initially assisting the Completions Team with searches, organisation of completions, drafting transfers and replies to requisitions, Stamp Duty and Land Registry applications with a view to being able to work independently on completions at a later date. Immediately prior to or upon exchange to pass responsibility for files to those members of staff engaged in post-contract work. To keep up to date with, and where necessary assist with archiving, housekeeping and billing. To undertake any specific training or refresher course as and when required by the Firm.
· To undertake any other duties which from time to time may be allocated.
· You will be accountable to fee earners.
· You are ultimately accountable to the Managing Partner for your quality of work and actions to the Partnership as a whole for your work on behalf of the Firm.
Outline terms and conditions
- Salary: £20,000 - £25,000
- Hours of work: 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Holidays: flexible leave policy is on trial in 2019
- Office: Newbury