Brentwood Bluebird Care awarded an overall 'Good' rating by the CQC
We are a family run business rated within the top 2% in the UK, and we are looking for a Senior Carer, who is passionate about care, to join our team. Our previous successful candidates have worked in the health and social care sector, retail, teaching, customer service and hospitality.
Summary of position
- Responsible for supporting the supervisors with the efficient running of the area and the supervision of the care team and the care provided to the customers within that area. Implementing customer care assessments, care & support plans, risk assessments and reviews.
- You will be paid for both your training and shadowing a senior member of staff at the beginning of your journey. You will also benefit from ongoing support from colleagues and office staff, including a 24/7 on call service
Summary of position
- Responsible for supporting the supervisors with the efficient running of the area and the supervision of the care team and the care provided to the customers within that area.
- Implementing customer care assessments, care & support plans, risk assessments and reviews.
Skills you will need
- ·You will have a caring attitude with a passion for helping others
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be respectful in the way you deal with people
- Have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle (although we do have Sleep-ins and Waking night shifts, available for those that don't drive)
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the monitoring of quality control procedures.
- Supporting and monitoring of care staff.
- Completing spot checks, observations and quality checks.
- Carrying out customer assessments prior to commencement of care service in the absence of the supervisor/care manager.
- Attending customer's first call to introduce the care worker to the customer.
- To be a part of the emergency on-call rota
- Ensuring all emergency on-call issues are dealt with effectively e.g. covering calls either directly or indirectly when care workers are sick or absent. Recording all emergency calls and passing the information to appropriate parties.
- Collection and distribution of MAR charts
- To work as part of the team delivering care to customers who otherwise would not receive a visit.
- To attend customer reviews in the absence of the supervisor/care manager.
- To ensure that all changes to care schedules are reported without delay to the coordinators.
- To maintain all reporting and recording procedures are up to date.
- To liaise closely with coordinators, care manager, supervisors, customers and care workers
In return you will receive
· Competitive Salary £9.75 ph during the week / £10.25 ph at weekends / £15 ph Bank Holidays
· Paid travel time between calls (Paid at the hourly rate)
· Mileage paid at 30p per mile
· You will be paid for short notice cancelled calls
· Paid holiday ' dependant on the hours worked (Pro-rata)
· Career and progression and further accredited training (NVQ'S/QCF/NFCE)
· Refer a family or friend scheme £80 (Terms and conditions apply)
· Company Pension Scheme
· Staff benefit scheme, including private Healthcare and NHS top up
· Free uniform
· Flexible working and alternative weekend shifts
· Part of the Care Workers Charity ' Offering financial support and advice