Home Builder Sales | Up to £38k base (OTE ~£65k uncapped) | Old Street, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity - that’s where you come in!
The Government are currently consulting on whether to mandate that housebuilders provide a charging point for every new home. Assuming this goes ahead (which is looking very likely) there is a huge opportunity to massively expand our network by partnering with the major housebuilders, property developers and contracting companies to provide infrastructure across all their developments going forwards.
As such, we’re looking for an innovative, creative Business Development Manager to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the VP Residential Sales and will be based out of our office near Old Street Station in London.
What you’ll do
- Define the strategy for growth through large housebuilders, property developers and contracting companies
- Develop new relationships with prospective customers in order to drive revenue and growth
- Negotiate deals and contracts
- Create business development strategies; identify roadblocks and drive new business from conception through closure
- Network with, and present to senior management teams
- Work with the marketing team to define optimal solutions and marketing within the channel
- Act as the liaison between customers and internal teams, ensuring clients’ requirements are met and account performance is maximised
- Ensure you are up-to-date with internal and external developments, and suggest new ways to increase sales
- Report directly to the VP Residential Sales on forecasting, growth and necessary channel performance
What you’ll need
- Strong commercial experience – must be able to demonstrate where you have made different commercial models fit the client / business need
- Previous experience in developing (from scratch) lasting business relationships with large, national businesses at a C-suite level
- A new business hunter attitude with the potential to substantially expand the business
- Previous strategic, long-term, long lead time, consultative client engagement experience where repeat business is key
- Experience working with technical products - good examples would be the Building Management System (BMS) world, batteries, solar, Combined Heat and Power (CHP) etc.
- The ability to quickly learn and talk confidently about a technical product
- The ability to bring together a solution and coordinate moving parts to get sales, operations, development, marketing and finance all working together
- Strong presentation skills – should have experience of presenting to small, medium and large groups on a regular basis
- A good networker capable of engaging throughout the entire property cycle i.e. contractors, project managers, development directors, town planners, consultants etc.
- Have knowledge about the wider moving parts in the sustainability industry i.e. energy grid management, demand side management, battery storage, solar etc.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a business development / national account management role
- Some experience of working with District Network Operators (DNOs) and/or power upgrade processes
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- The ability to work well within a fast paced (and exciting!) environment
- A dog that you can bring into the office
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for - send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
- An extensive non-fiction library to provide a bit of inspiration
- The odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!