To ensure that that we maximise the commercial opportunities and minimise commercial risks associated with our LBG account, whilst ensuring compliance with our obligations.
The role will be working to the Head of Commercial with key focus areas being the management of the variations process, creating specific variations and updating the scope related contractual documents. This offers the opportunity to work on a significantly complex contract with many stakeholders.
- Manage and improve the variations process for all contract variations;
- Create the necessary commercial reporting and represent the account at the monthly Commercial Forum with the client.
- Take end to end ownership for processing the following of variations:
- Regular commercial deliverables (e.g. Schedule of Rates increase, RPI etc.) are completed in a timely fashion to deliver expected contractual benefits;
- Requests from the client / service lines to change the scope (e.g. add / remove a building) of the contract.
- Process variations in a timely fashion; with specific responsibility for:
- Understanding the requirement;
- Validate incoming assessments against the contract scope document (Service Matrix);
- Working with stakeholders & client to assess what is required;
- Price the requirement: where adjusting scope using the standard pricing framework (E.g. schedule of rates); for commercial deliverables, working with the Commercial Finance Analyst; or where the pricing is bespoke work with Service Lines;
- Document the variation, validating the pricing and solution with the Service Lines;
- Liaise with Head of Commercial, operations and finance to get the appropriate approvals.
- Build relationships with the client to ensure swift approval of pricing and address any pricing queries.
- Maintain Contract documentation after each approval. Specifically:
- Update the Service Matrix to reflect any changes to the contract; and
- Obligations tracker to ensure we are delivering what we should be.
- Supporting the Head of Commercial to vary the contractual documentation;
- Support the Head of Commercial to process more complex variations (e.g. amendments to contractual terms).
- As part of the Account Management team – support on all Commercials, consulting / advising on Commercial / Contractual matters with the wider team.
- Create & present reporting to the client – attending governance meetings as required.