Weybridge (30mins from Waterloo)
Full time, Fixed Term Contract x 6 months
This role requires travel to our northern customers - eg Leeds at leats once or twice each and every week.
Saputo Dairy UK is a producer of leading British food brands and value-added ingredients. We are committed to providing healthy, tasty and sustainable foods and to play our part in helping to improve the nation’s health. We produce a wide range of market leading brands, including Cathedral City cheese, Clover dairy spread, Country Life butter and Frylight cooking spray. We also manufacture specialised ingredients for use in the infant formula, human nutrition and animal feed markets.What you’ll do at Saputo Dairy UK
• The Senior Category Manager role is a pivotal one that brings together the relationship between Saputo and our customers to create effective category growth solutions and fully maximise the category and Saputo performance.
• This is done by the delivery of best in class Category management plans and recommendations across cheese, butters + spreads
• The Senior Category manager also leads the category agenda cross functionally within the business for a specific category i.e. snacking, sliced and grated cheese. This means influencing, informing and guiding the key stakeholders within Saputo on future direction and opportunities within the category.
• Provide objective category management expertise to our customers in the areas of product, promotions, range, merchandising, shoppers and coverage to enable Saputo to be viewed as trusted Category experts within our categories and Dairy.
• Develop, deliver communicate and embed the vision and strategy for the new category growth drivers within our customers’ businesses.
• Use high level category/segment knowledge to proactively highlight business issues/opportunities/risks to relevant commercial and marketing colleagues.
• Lead the range review process with our customers, and internally, setting the strategic category direction, managing in depth opportunity analyses, including segmentation, range, space & merchandising , promotions recommendations as appropriateWho’s right for the role?
• 3-5 years’ experience with a strong record of success in a Blue Chip FMCG environment in Category.
• A proven track record of successfully leading and working with retailers on large and complex category strategies and their implementation.
• Proven experience influencing both customers and colleagues in commercial and marketing
• Proven experience in successfully managing and growing a grocery category within a fast paced FMCG or Retail environment
• Proven experience in the development, implementation and review of category plans and range reviews
• Strongly analytical & proficient in the use of external market data tools with the ability to turn data into insight using and interpreting IRI, Kantar, Retail Link data systems. What can Saputo Dairy UK do for you
• Attractive workplace pension scheme and company bonus
• Free, onsite parking
• Frequent free shuttle bus from Weybridge train station
• Discounted branded products
• Subsidised staff restaurant
• 25 Holidays + 8 Bank Holidays
• My Staff shop - access to exclusive benefits, free advice and savings - providing great discounts from thousands of the UKs largest retailers & service providers
Agencies - Thank you for your interest in working with Saputo Dairy UK however we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed.
We do not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Saputo Dairy UK unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of the Resourcing Team.