Welcome to Card Factory - and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving.
That’s why we can offer job security and great career progression. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination. What’s more, Card Factory is ambitious, passionate and forward thinking with a management style that is open and honest, encouraging people to contribute to the business at every level.
We are passionate about celebrating our customers’ life moments and are now looking for a IT Test Analyst to join our very successful Card Factory family in Century House Brunel Road Wakefield 41 Industrial Estate.Main responsibilities
- Develop test scenarios, cases and scripts according to the specific test phases (e.g. System Test, Integration Test, etc.) for multiple Card Factory Applications
- Develop an extensive and detailed knowledge of our systems
- Follow the defined approach and plan for specific test phases/sprints, including test preparation, execution and closure, and supporting monitoring and control processes
- Adhere to the (test) environment management strategy and plan
- Maintain a strong relationship with the key stakeholders and act as a point of contact for test-related activities across the product/programme and, especially, within the working alongside customer, integrator and third-party resources as appropriate.
- Ensure customer requirements (functional and non-functional) are adequately defined and are met and ensure the quality of product/release is assessed and understood.
- Adhere to the documented quality control and Card Factory Change management processes for the test deliverables
- Assist in the development of a high-performing team, alongside the other functional and technical consultants involved in test activities
- Provide out of hours (test) support where required for deployments.
- Hold ISTQB certificate
- Prior experience as a test analyst through the full SDLC cycle
- Working within a cross-functional team environment, with defined planning and control processes
- Good communication skills with (internal and external) staff at all levels, including listening and providing answers
- Ability to identify and manage risks and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience of working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Self-organising, able to prioritise own workload and seek input from stakeholders when required.
- Project delivery experience, preferably in a retail environment
- Experience with Point of Sale and Back-office systems, preferably in a design capacity
- International work experience
- Experience working in an Enterprise B2C mobile and web environment
This role may involve out of hours and weekend working to support the business needs and the ideal candidate will hold a full clean driving license as travel between group sites will be required.
In return we offer a wide range of benefits to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing. This includes 25 days annual leave (plus bank and public holidays), a Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Salary Finance, SAYE scheme, bonus scheme, and discounts at a number of retailers.About the company
This is an exciting role with genuine prospects for the right candidate. If this role describes you and your career aspirations, click apply now.
No agencies please.