1. Implement Network Rail systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
2. Engineer Gauging Projects to the standards and specification of Network Rail, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards, formal specifications and procedures.
3. Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
4. Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with Network Rails environmental policy.
5. Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
6. Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
7. Internal and contractors design/construction/specialists personnel are competent.
8. Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
9. Identify and share best practice across the various project teams.
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications
· Detailed knowledge of Gauging and Clearance managements between Trains and Infrastructure
· Successful relevant experience in track engineering, ideally with involvement in construction and design projects across multi discipline areas.
· Technical qualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
· Knowledge of quality assurance.
· An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
· CDM, risk assessment, engineering management competency.
· Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
· Knowledge / experience of new Train Introduction projects.
· Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
· An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
· Six Sigma Yellow Belt.
· Project safety management experience
· Yellow book course.
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
Redline Group Ltd
£25 - £28 per hour
more details »
£38,000 per annum
Rhondda Cynon Taff, Wales
more details »