The program has the goal to let students that are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s program in Central London to experience the startup life with a hand on experience. The first program will run from October 2019-March 2020, based at Imperial Enterprise Lab. The hours are flexible based on the candidate’s university schedule. A manager would be assigned to the successful candidate, learning meetings will run monthly to review the performances and guide you on your learning journey.
Minimum commitment 15 hours per week.
As a Student in Start-up, you will be exposed to the early stage and the secret sauce of a London tech start-up. You will learn by doing how to run a business and how to let the magic happen for our users. You will be involved in digital marketing, graphic and media tasks such as video making and photo editing, marketing communication and market research, event and party organization. Moreover, you will learn how to gather users’ feedback and from ideation to execution of new marketing experiments, interpretation of data, learn a ton of growth hacking tools and even more.
eShelf is the #1 E-commerce that helps people to get the products they need very fast, helping local businesses and having a low carbon footprint. Showing the distance of items available in real-time across different stores nearby and allow to buy seamless.
What you will do:
• Copywriting: Supporting the Founders team with the communication strategy across social media. Translating the strategy of eShelf into social media posts, being in charge to write them and from time to time create videos, short articles, and storytelling. Responsible to maintain up to date the posting calendar and post into different social media accounts. Producing content and managing contents for email marketing, newsletter using Mailchimp and Sendgrid.
• Graphic and media: learning basic graphic design tools from video making to photo editing. This is only the starting point you will have the freedom to put on the table your craziest ideas and execute them with the team.
• Pay Marketing: Exposure to run campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, and Google AdWords.
• Marketing Growth Hacking: We are going to experiment a lot during the next months and you are going to be in front of this together with the founders. Our approach is to run quick inexpensive experiments that can generate traffic and transactions. Our motto is “Any ideas are too crazy until we try and see!”
• Off-line marketing: Helping with the customers’ interviews to get feedback about the marketing strategy. Off-line promotions and creative thinking are key. Support with the event and party management for shops partner and users. Qualifications: Who we are looking for:
• Desire to gain first-hand marketing and business experience
• Growth mindset, can-do attitude
• Studying towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Marketing/PR/Business/Graphic/Writing would be ideal but other courses will also be considered
• Strong writing communication skills; highly motivated and intellectually curious
• Proactive and able to take ownership of the assigned tasks
• Experience with picture editing software and videos editing will be a plus
**The program does not include and monetary remuneration but provides you with the opportunity to learn real skills that are applicable in any company or even more if you want to start your own business.
Starting date October 2019. Flexible hours based on your university schedule. Minimum 15 hours per week. Send your CV