The University of Dundee has ambitious student recruitment targets from both international and home markets. Our award-winning marketing team, within the Directorate of External Relations, is critical to the delivery of these targets and manages channels to promote the University to prospective students and other key stakeholders. It leads on marketing campaigns, particularly on lead generation and conversion, and develops content for use across all channels, including digital, social media and print.
We now seek an experienced and self-motivated individual for the post of Marketing & Communications Officer. Postholders assist the Marketing Managers in the implementation of comprehensive marketing and communications plans that maximise student recruitment and promote and enhance the national and international profile of the University of Dundee, through close working with its constituent Schools and Directorates. These plans will include both academic Schools and target international markets.
Post holders will be largely focused on particular Schools, and are therefore expected to work closely with both academic and administrative staff within those Schools. However, they will also work on wider projects to support the Marketing team, at the direction of their line manager.
Your priorities will include:
- Support the University Marketing Managers in the development and implementation of School and international marketing plans in line with the University strategy and the Schools' operating plans.
- Set up, manage, monitor and analyse campaigns to generate leads in support of student recruitment, adhering to University of Dundee brand guidelines.
- Develop a wide range of content (including copy, images, video and social) for publication across a range of platforms and publications. This will include content about students, staff, alumni and research.
- Ensure each piece of content has a content strategy taking into account the audience, SEO and determining the most appropriate format and channels for the content. Assist in improving and reviewing websites, particularly updating copy, images and videos on course pages.
- Support video and photography content creation: writing briefs, storyboarding, managing shoots, directing edits.
Who we're looking for:
- Degree level qualification in Marketing, Communications, or other literate-related subject(s)
- Experience of campaign planning, delivery and reporting across multiple platforms
- Experience of content development and delivery (copy, video, images, social content)
- Strong digital skills including experience using website content management systems (CMS) and social media
- Experience of copy-writing for print and digital and excellent writing and editing skills
We are one of the UK's leading universities, internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Our purpose is to transform lives, locally and globally, which we do as a community of staff (Professional Services and academic Schools), students and alumni. Professional Services directorates are key to delivering the University strategy and driving change across the University.
For further information about this position please contact Mhari MacDonald at [email protected]
Closing date: 17 October 2019
The start date will be no earlier than 2nd December.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee a UK university of choice for undergraduate, postgraduate and distance learning. Family friendly policies, staff networks for BME, Disabled and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN, the ECU Race Equality Charter and Stonewall as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.