Security officer Job Description
Job Title: Area SupportSecurity Officer
Reports to : Account Manager
Hours: 42Hours per week Average
Shifts: various Days, Nights, Weekends, Bank Holidays
Hourly Pay Rate: £9.50 Per Hour minimum
Job Holder : TBC
Lateral Relationships: TBC
Scope and Purpose: The role is part of a team of physical security professionals working in Croydon, Biggin Hill and Surrounding Areas. This position functions as a part of the physical security provision for the Development to provide security protection to the staff, premises and assets.
Managing the security service at the designated positions in accordance with the Assignment Instructions
Principle accountabilities /Main tasks
- Greet all staff and visitors
- Assists with any enquiries
- Log and announce visitors out of hours
- Access Control
- Internal and External foot patrol
- Monitoring and use of CCTV, fire ,intruder and other electronic systems
- Responding quickly and effectively to emergency situations and assisting with fire evacuation procedures
- The implementation of Health and Safety, Fire Regulations and other in-house safety/environmental policies
- Compliance with the Data Protection Act and CCTV code of practice
- Following practical completion, report to the Security Manager
- Act with integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Current valid SIA license
- Customer Service
- Driving License and Car
- Previous experience of working in security environment
- Good communications skills
- Basic computer literacy required. Experience of various software packages, with excellent keyboard skills desirable
- CCTV (Desirable)
- “Can do” attitude
- Calm under pressure
- Know when to call assistance,
- Work as part of a team
- Can follow instructions
- Team Work
- Conflict Management
- Client focus
- Always arrive for shift on time..
- Book on duty using the automated system as per section TBC on the contract AI’s.
- Provide full handover at end of shift
- Follow the directions of the Security Manager and Account Management Team.
- Wear the correct uniform for the duties in the correct way
- Ensure you have your valid SIA License and valid Company ID on display whilst on duty.
- Take the break for the prescribed time and no longer
- Only smoke in designated smoking areas and NEVER on duty while on post.
- Do not chew gum, eat or drink on post, use personal telephone or lean on buildings
- Maintain high level of discipline, this includes excellent appearance, excellent timekeeping, excellent attendance and professional conduct at all times.
- Able to work as part of a team to deliver the best possible level of service
- Able to contribute with any level of ideas that may improve the level of service.
- Has high level of customer services skills
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent telephone manners and face-to-face customer care duties.
- Has the ability to work in a highly demanding Security Control Room.
- Stop all cyclists and politely ask them to dismount in the manner described in the AIs
- Stop all skateboarders or in-line skaters as described in the AIs
- Assists occupiers, contractors, visitors and tourists with enquiries
- Keys distribution management
- Maintain radio communications open at all times
Assisting with department administrative duties using MS Office suite.
CCTV operator duties.
Incident team role – evacuation management duties
Report writing following security investigations.
Front of House physical access control support.
Corporate image reception duties – well presented.
Telephone and face-to-face customer care duties.
Building and perimeter patrolling duties.
- Follow designated communications protocols
- Carry out patrols and investigations as required
- Report and maintain a written record of all faults / incidents
- Ask for advice from the Site Security Manager or Account Management Team when uncertain
- Have a working knowledge of the Assignment Instructions
- Follow emergency procedures as required
- Check all electronic patrol points when on patrol
- Ensure personal and public safety in the carrying out of duties
- To carry out reception duties when required
- Check your duty roster every time you are on shift.
- Ensure statutory compliance by completing relevant sections of the Fire Log Book.
- Managing the loading bay operation.
- Ensure the safety of contractors, staff and couriers who require access to the loading bay.
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Basic computer literacy required. Experience of various software packages, with excellent keyboard skills desirable.
- Valid SIA Security License.
- Team Work
- Conflict Management
- Client focus