Summary of role
A fantastic opportunity to join Raytheon UK in our Cyber Centre based in Gloucestershire. We develop software using a variety of Agile methodologies and you will be involved fully in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the entire team in a truly Agile environment. Working for Raytheon you will be part of a growing team, working alongside world class partner organisations. Raytheon supports on-going professional development through both formal and on-the-job training to help you further develop your career and develop your management and leadership potential.
Main duties of the position
Primary Objective: To design, develop and maintain mission critical applications and systems as part of an Agile team.
· Leadership of an Agile Software Delivery Team from both a technical and behavioural perspective.
· Develop a high performing team with a focus on software excellence
· Effective Line Management of the Software Engineers in your team (typically 5-7) including facilitating their personal development.
· Mentoring of team members and colleagues beyond your line management remit.
· Hold accountability for the software produced by your team.
· Own the standards of software engineering practice applied in your team.
· Drive the continuous improvement of practice and code within your team.
· Design and develop new product functionality within the context of an Agile software delivery team.
· Collaborate with your peers on Technical strategy within your teams.
· Extensive experience of applying Design Patterns to complex problems.
· Extensive experience working in an Agile delivery team.
· Considerable experience using Continuous Integration.
· Significant experience using TDD.
· Significant experience using BDD.
· Comprehensive understanding of SOLID.
· Experience of applying Software Architecture Patterns.
· Experience designing and building enterprise level web applications, services or embedded software.
· Good working knowledge of at least 2 compiled languages.
· Good working knowledge of at least 2 scripting or interpreted languages.
· Familiarity with Data gathering, visualisation techniques and tools.
· Familiarity with structured and unstructured storage of Data.
· Understanding of virtualisation.
· Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
· Experience working with infrastructure as code technologies.
· Experience working with Big Data technologies.
· Experience working with cloud technologies and distributed systems.
· Experience working with containerisation.
· Experience working on military or government projects.
· Experience working with secure development techniques.
· Knowledge of information security best practice.
· Good interpersonal skills for customer and partner liaison
· Good written and oral communication skills
· Good time management, organisation and prioritisation skills
· An inquisitive mind and a desire to promote innovation
· A desire to learn and constantly expand your horizons
· Ability to work closely with others in a small team
· Ability to work under pressure
· High degree of initiative and flexibility
· Willingness to travel if required
The number of jobs in each salary range for all:
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Solid Benefits Package
more details »