Mitie has a great opportunity a great opportunity at Knowhow Newark We are looking for an experienced security officer to join the team on site. The role is a Security Officer you will take a lead role on site on a daily basis. Your shift pattern will be 4 on 4 off full time (mixture of days and nights), with a pay rate of £8.50. You will report into our Services manager on site and the sites security operation’s manager.
Job Objectives & Responsibilities
You will be expected, as an Security officer to show complete dedication to the role, you will be required to support with covering sites to a high level, there may be occasion where notice cannot be provided to cover last minute absence. You will be responsible for various security requirements of the sites, and maintaining a good corporate image and high standards of professionalism.
- To protect our customer’s property, people and/or assets by providing security services in direct accordance with the sites published Assignment Instructions (AI’s) and any subsequent changes.
- Delivering results that meet and / or exceed the Key performance indicators / Service Level Agreement for the customer through full responsibility and accountability, providing a service that aids in the retention of the contract.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development.
- Management of access / egress control
- Meeting and greeting all individuals who attend site
- Conduct search duties at entry points
- Conducting internal patrols, checking for signs of damage, vandalism, theft, flood
- Communicating effectively with colleagues, client personnel and Mitie Management
- Management of keys and passes issue and return
- Dealing with fire alarm testing on an agreed basis
- Testing of other emergency systems; panic alarms, lift alarms, disabled toilet alarms
- Production and submission of incident reports
- Keeping records of site activity through the Daily Occurrence Book
- Locking / Unlocking site
- Any other requests as communicated by MITIE and as agreed with client personnel
- To be aware of and ensure compliance with all aspects of policies and relevant legal and regulatory requirements as directed by the Security Account Manager and in accordance with UK Law and Guidance bodies.
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all of the tasks and duties on site as defined within the published Assignment Instructions (AI’s).
- Proactively refer to and review the published Assignment Instructions, thus familiarising oneself with any changes in order to suggest additional amendments that will improve or enhance the current level of service.
- To be compliant with Industry and Statutory Legislation (you are required to obtain a front-line licence in either Security Guarding or Door Supervision), which must be worn at all times whilst carrying out your duties.
- Comply with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role.
- Follow instructions and procedures appropriately without unnecessarily challenging authority
- Work in a systematic, methodology and orderly way.
- Fully and satisfactorily complete all required competency training.
- To undertake additional training to ensure continuous self-development as directed by the Security Account Manager.
- Use technology to achieve key work objectives and develop job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development.
- You are required to ensure you renew your licence 16 weeks before expiry.
Security and Health & Safety
- Look out for, and to immediately report, any Health & Safety hazards, or potential hazards, on site.
- Stay alert to any threats or changes within the work environment in order to take the appropriate action to reduce the chance of disruption, loss or damage.
- Use common sense and initiative by immediately involving others if a situation appears to become threatening.
- To maintain professional conduct in the face of difficult situations and challenging customers
- Complete an accurate, detailed notebook entry as soon as possible after any incident, which can then be used as part of the Incident Report process.
- Keep to schedules and demonstrate commitment to Mitie and the Client.
- To ensure check calls are being carried out at the allocated time slot as stipulated in the Assignment Instructions (AI’s).To call emergency services and Communication Centre to report all incidents.