Job profile summary:
The Supervisor will ensure the safe handling of all fuels and additives received, stored and distributed at the Terminal, in line with appropriate BP Group Safety Standards and legislation.
The Supervisor will be required to supervise the maintenance of plant and equipment ensuring Integrity Management (IM) standards are adhered to.
The Shift Supervisor will also provide sufficient cover to maintain the safe and efficient operation of UK Logistics driver and contractor workforce ensuring Customer Focus priorities are not compromised.
During the absence of the line manager, the Shift Supervisor will be the competent person on site.
Knowledge & Experience
- Immediate front line competent person on site in operational terms irrespective of the presence of line management.
- To act as the main contact point for product receipt.
- To act as the focal point out of normal working hours.
- To input, analyse and response to within a computerised, automated Control room to input information into the various computer based systems accurately and in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for adherence to all safety and security aspects within the terminal. Ensuring all tasks are performed within current safety legislation and the company safety policy whilst achieving laid down terminal performance measurement standards and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Review regularly all aspects of terminal operations, at a supervisory level, suggesting practices which can be improved.
- Ensure the principles of pollution control and the prevention of environmental damage are upheld so as to ensure compliance with the requirements of ISO14001.
- Act as the Incident Controller in the first 4 hours.
- Assist in incident and investigation.
- Assist in maintenance, frontline and defect reporting.
- Identify maintenance requirements, carry out COSHH assessments, monitor emergency exercises and attend committee meetings.
- Participate in the terminal Group Safety meetings.
- Supervise and control all contractors on site by agreeing work objectives with them and ensuring that these are completed safely, efficiently and on time, using Control of Work process.
- Be able to vet ships with potential to train to be able to berth ships.
- Work with quality on transfer and polishing activities.
- Work with admin to help balance monthly stock values.
- Understand P2P process and affects it has on the budget.
- To have understanding of and/or contribute towards IM, GDP’s, OMS, HSSEQ.
- Legislation and Safety awareness and knowledge.
- Knowledge of IT systems used with Logistics, e.g. ETAS.
- Knowledge of Logistics/Transport operations.
- Knowledge of EU Drivers Hours regulations
- Knowledge of UK working time regulations
- Be familiar with emergency response equipment and procedures.
- Be trained in the work permit system.
- Experience of working with hazardous products.
- Experience of working with industrial plant/processes.
- Knowledge of requirements of ISO9002/14001 and of COSHH/COMAH regulations
Please note this role is a one year secondment
We are a global energy business involved in every aspect of the energy system. We have 75,000 employees in 80 countries, working towards delivering light, heat and mobility to millions of people, every day. We are one of the very few companies equipped to solve some of the big complex challenges that matter for the future. We have a real contribution to make to the world's ambition of a low carbon future. Join us, and be part of what we can accomplish together.
The Downstream segment has global manufacturing and marketing operations. It is the product and service-led arm of BP, made up of three businesses (Fuels, Lubricants, and Petrochemicals).
We aim to run safe and reliable operations across all our businesses, supported by leading brands and technologies, to deliver high-quality products and services that meet our customers’ needs.
Disciplined execution of our strategy is helping improve our underlying performance, capture opportunities for further growth, generate attractive returns and create a more resilient business that is better able to withstand a range of market conditions; and create opportunities for future growth.