Our client, an electronics manufacturing business, seek to appoint an Engineering Manager to manage the design and development activity of a team of design engineers. The appointed Engineering Manager will have at least 15 years' experience in design engineering coupled with at least 5 years' experience in a senior / principle design engineer role taking the lead on the design of complex products.
You will need to be a well educated, highly technical and analytical engineer with a background in design engineering to be able to assist your team with the technical workload. You also need good people management skills to manage a large and diverse multi-disciplined engineering team. This role would suit an existing Senior / Principal Engineer with experience of managing a small team looking to take their first step into a more senior management role.
Engineering Manager - Role and Responsibilities - Principle Design Engineer / Design Manager / Electronics / Engineering Director
- Oversee the design of new products and plan the engineering resource required for new projects as required by the business
- Direct engineering resource to produce new designs for a varied customer base
- Liaise internally with sales/quality/production/operations and externally with key customers as part of the senior leadership team to ensure the timely and cost effective completion of design and development projects
- Handle multiple design projects to meet company deadlines. Prioritise engineering resource
- Commercial acumen facilitating involvement in bids and tenders. A key role in setting strategy for the company
Engineering Manager - Skills and Abilities - Principle Design Engineer / Design Manager / Electronics / Engineering Director
- Degree in Design / Engineering or equivalent (as a minimum)
- Minimum of 10 years' industrial experience in a design engineering role
- Highly technical engineer with an innovative approach to design
- Good working knowledge of electronics
- Experience of feasibility studies, advising commercial teams and adding technical expertise to sales function
Engineering Manager, Design Engineer, Design Manager, Electronics, Engineering Director