Our esteemed client within public sector is looking for a Transport Planner to join their team based in Wandsworth on a 3 months contract paying £20/hour (Umbrella rate/inside IR35), working Monday to Friday 36 hours per week.
The Transport Planner will be responsible to the Principal Transport Planner and work under the supervision of a Senior Transport Planner. The role holder will:
- Provide professional advice, create and apply transport policy and strategy and best practice to deliver sustainable travel initiatives.
- Assist in the delivery of a high quality, robust and transparent decision making within tight time frames on transportation matters to ensure that the Planning and Transport Division is recognised as delivering an excellent service for all of our customers.
- Assist a small team of Transport professionals iproviding definitive professional advice for the Council, creating and applying transport policy and strategy and best practice and delivering successful planning outcomes.
- Include assisting in one or more of day to day liaison with Transport for London (TfL) on the Local Implementation Plan
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience in local government transport strategy work including assisting in preparation of Local Implementation Plan and transport strategy documents or equivalents.
- A degree in planning or other appropriate professional qualification and a member of the RTPI or eligible for or working toward full membership.
- A working knowledge and sound understanding of national, regional and local transport strategy and associated legislative requirements and policy guidance
- Ability to analyse and interpret data and present key facts including policy implications in the preparation of reports, policy formulation and other material.
- Ability to prepare briefs for and assist in the selection, control and monitoring of consultants.
- Ability to work on designated projects with supervision.
Apply now with your CV to be considered for the opportunity!
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy