£21,000 per year plus benefits
Placements available in either Manchester (x3) Liverpool (x5) and York (x1)
Are you looking for an Engineering placement at the end of your second or third year and are you studying an Engineering degree? If so Cargill can offer you a superb opportunity to gain valuable work experience on our one-year undergraduate programme.
During your 12 month placement with Cargill you will spend your time in one of Processing Facilities in either Manchester (Starches & Sweeteners processing), Liverpool (Oilseeds/ Chocolate processing) or York (Chocolate processing). You will oversee small projects from initial design to completion. This will involve justification of projects, design, liaising with contractors to obtain the best possible solution, installation and finally commissioning. This could be anything from modification of pipe work to implementing changes in the process. You will participate in day to day manufacturing operations and this could include shift work. The Engineering Placement programme also gives you the potential to be offered a graduate role once you have graduated. What you will be doing
- Comprehensive induction to Cargill including full safety training
- Spend time working on-shift to learn our processes and support site production management
- Play an active part in running our process and supporting our business
- Support and lead small continuous improvement processes, delivering improvements around safety, food safety, product yield and process efficiency
- Be given direct responsibility for capital projects, including the design, installation and commissioning to help develop project management skills and responsibility for a future career
- Learn soft skills that will be transferable in your future career
- Gain an excellent working knowledge of unit operations learnt at university with hands on practical experience
- Develop the ability to work with a variety of different colleagues in our operations i.e. operators, supervisors, supply chain and finance
- You will have the opportunity to be involved in citizenship activities within our local communities.