Hobson Prior are looking for a Therapy Area Medical Lead to join a global biopharmaceutical organisation who are focused on providing pioneering medicines in Oncology, Neuroscience and Rare Diseases to improve the quality of life for patients. You will join them on a permanent basis in Slough.
- Responsible for clinical and scientific leadership of their Therapeutic Area and all relevant products within.
- Assessment of study results from a clinical perspective and releasing of final study reports.
- Approval of clinical study protocols on a UK level based on evaluation of relevant medical research questions for investigation in interventional and non-interventional studies, managing Study Responsible Physicians and work as a Study Responsible Physician.
- Accountable for focus strategy and activities around the key medical affairs pillars of Scientific Exchange, Data Generation, Insights Generation, Customer advocacy and relations, Compliance to relevant standards.
- Clinical evaluation of side effects of medicinal products, responsibility for issue management and medical safety issues and responding to external medical/scientific requests about the organisation's products.
- Medical evaluation of medicinal products, which are pending licensing and provision of the medical expertise for the benefit assessment of medicinal products by NICE, SMC, AWMSG, MHRA, NHS and any other relevant external bodies.
- Accountable for budget and resource allocation within the medical field in close consultation with the Finance team and based on approved business plans.
- Accountable for the line management for all therapy area medical team consisting of medical / scientific advisors and medical science liaisons including employee/talent development and retention of key talent.
- Establishing and continuously managing a professionally-acting, compliant and effectively-collaborating team; recognition of employee potential and goal-driven, bespoke development and encouragement for employees.
- Ensures medical representation of the company and integrates requirements of the local healthcare market into the global research and development programme.
- Fluent English (spoken and written) is essential.
- Has the ability and the mandate to shape the external environment and shows a superb aptitude in partnering relevant external and also all internal stakeholder in the Therapeutic Area especially the Market Access and Marketing and Sales colleagues.
- Physician or UK registered Pharmacist with either a specialty degree or several years of experience in the therapeutic area Or Life Science graduate ideally with higher degree (MSc, MBA, PhD or similar).
- A minimum of 5+ years of line management leadership experience.
- Professional experience in hospital or practice within the therapeutic area plus professional experience as Country Advisor/Manager or in a comparable position.
- Prior medical affairs experience (ideally 5+ years) in the pharmaceutical industry ideally with prior experience within the therapeutic area.
- Experience in design, planning and conduct of clinical research protocols.
- Proven track record in producing publications for research undertaken (posters, presentations and publications).
- Regulatory, Health Economic or/and statistical methods knowledge and experience are a plus.
If you are interested in learning more or applying to this exciting opportunity, please complete the form below and attach a copy of your CV. Alternatively, for further details or to talk directly to a life sciences recruitment specialist, please request a call back at the top of this page.
Hobson Prior is a leading life sciences recruiter focused on finding exceptional people and matching them with the finest positions across the globe. Hobson Prior is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.