About The Company
Wren Kitchens is the UK's number one kitchen retailer! Wren is a privately-owned, family-run business which is passionate about kitchens and delivering a world-class customer experience.
We employ over 4,500 people in the UK and in the past three years, our kitchen sales have totalled over £1bn. In 2019 alone, we will turnover £700m.
We’re proud to say that we manufacture all of our kitchens out of three, state-of-the-art factories, here in the UK. Wren is famous for having the biggest range of kitchens. We provide tailored kitchens at DIY prices. And with the largest range of colours and styles, Wren provide the creative freedom to inspire customers and build their dream kitchens.
This year also saw Wren named #1 top-rated retail workplace in the UK. In addition to this, The Telegraph recognised us as the fastest-growing bricks and mortar retailer and the Sunday Times ranked us as the 12th largest, privately owned company in the UK.
About The Role
We have a long heritage in the kitchen industry and we are passionate about kitchens and providing a great customer service. To support with this, we’re looking for a Showroom Compliance Officer to ensure that high quality kitchen plans are always created by our Kitchen Designers and to improve their technical understanding.
You’ll work with the showroom team to improve the quality of planning skills, provide training and manage all showroom compliance processes. You’ll work 40 hours, Monday to Friday.
As the role does require a technical understanding of the kitchen planning process, the ideal candidate is likely to have a kitchen industry background. You may have experience as a Showroom Operations Manager, Kitchen Designer or Design Consultant.
As a Compliance Officer, you will:
- Work with the showroom's design team to aid their development of technical knowledge
- Be the point of contact for the Customer Operations Team for design related issues
- Provide constructive feedback on opportunities identified with the kitchen planning system
- Carry out plan checks on all showroom orders at the confirmed status, providing feedback where errors are identified
- Review and monitor design errors
- Complete daily reports to log the plans checked and training sessions carried out
- Attend regular meetings at our Head Office with other Showroom Compliance Officers and share best practice and suggest improvements
- Ensure all plan changes are completed by the Kitchen Designer
- Audit compliance documentation uploaded from the showroom to ensure standards are being met
- Attend new product launches and train out to the Designers
- Attend training sessions for new launches / improvements and changes to the planner system to ensure you have an unrivalled knowledge of the planner
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy checking
- Be process-driven, with the ability to create and follow processes
- Excellent communication skills - both written and verbal
- Knowledge of kitchen installation and legislation is desired
Applicants for this role who are offered employment will be subject to a basic criminal record check from the Disclosure & Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. Please see the DBS policy on our careers site for more information.