Horizon Discovery is looking for a Legal Counsel, either permanent or FTC with extensive experience in private practice or an in-house team to support in the running of the Legal Department and in provision of Legal advice.
- Provide high quality legal advice to the company on contractual and legal matters across the business
- Support the Head of Legal in provision of Legal advice to the Board and business units as required
- Provide timely, skilled and accurate drafting, review and negotiations of a wide variety of commercial agreements including Licences, Sales Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, Distribution Agreements.
- Providing swift, accurate and on point commercially appropriate legal advice to senior management on various aspects of English, European and US law
- Development of knowledge and understanding of Horizon Discovery's products and services as well as the science behind them, and build strong relationships with our business units, finance, and operations teams, as well as our external counsel where required.
The successful candidate will
- Be a newly qualified Solicitor or Barrister or equivalent;
- Have extensive experience in private practice or in an in-house team in the U.K – of particular interest are candidates who are currently in private practice and wish to make a move in house, and who have completed a secondment to a commercial organisation.
- Have experience with multi-jurisdiction law and/or small public company environments.
- Have solid hand on experience of negotiating, drafting and advising clients on commercial contracts, including multi-jurisdictional transactions.
- Have a record of providing advice in relation to contract, commercial, and IP law.
- Be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to forge strong relationships with those at all levels of the business.
- You should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team environment and on multiple projects with constantly changing priorities and deadlines, be well organised, self-motivated and have excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
In return we offer a varied and interesting working environment, focused on recognition and empowerment of our scientists and operational teams, As well as a competitive salary our benefits package includes:
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Health & Life Insurances
- Employee share purchase plan (Sharesave)
- 25 days annual leave
- One paid working day each year for volunteering
- Childcare vouchers
Horizon Delivers inspired solutions that harness the power of the cell. We are global leaders in cell engineering. Our vision is to unlock the power of the cell, and we are increasing our focus on customers everyday. Our unique tools and services are used by our customers to provide valuable insights and applications in - research, drug discovery, molecular diagnostics and biomanufacturing.
As part of any recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. Our Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available on this link https://www.horizondiscovery.com/about-us/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice