Residential Surveyor Job Specification:
- Permanent Full Time (Part Time Considered)
- Office & home-based roles available depending on location.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be RICS accredited and ideally have VRS accreditation with experience in mortgage valuations and Home Buyer reports. The role will be predominantly home based, looking after postcodes in and around your home postcode.
On a day to day basis you will be valuing properties by applying expert knowledge and awareness of the local property market, taking measurements of houses and flats or other properties. Writing detailed reports on various properties for Mortgage Valuations, Homebuyers Report and Building Surveys.
You will ensure corporate standards and best practice is adhered to at all time and seek to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all legislation affecting the technical aspects of valuing and surveying.
The best individuals will be proactive in managing client’s needs, ensuring targets, deadlines and service levels are achieved. They will undertake administration to ensure the relevant paperwork is kept up to date and current. Adhere to company set turn-around times, quality and points target per day and be mindful of Health and Safety protocols.
Salary & Package:
- £40,000 - £60,000 + Competitive Bonus Scheme + Car Allowance/Company Car
- Accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, minimum of Assoc, preferably MRICS.
- Must be RICS registered Valuer/VRS accreditation (some exceptions can be made)
- Have 2+ years’ experience carrying out valuations but not essential.
- Ability to do building surveys would be advantageous but not essential.
Ideal Personality traits:
- Be able to exercise excellent vision and perception when carrying out valuations.
- Be autonomous and team oriented.
- To be driven, committed and efficient.
- To be able to manage time and inspection schedule.
- To be professional, courteous and respectful.
- To be highly analytical and perceptive when identifying building defects.
- Must be flexible and attentive to detail.
Harry Goodall | Recruitment Consultant
Tel: 03300 586 057 | DD: 01249475066
The number of jobs in each salary range for all: