Tonejet Limited is looking for a talented, motivated and ambitious electrical design engineer with at least 3 years’ experience to join our growing team. You will be part of the team developing the next-generation of Tonejet digital printing products, focussed on developing electrical control panels and machine control systems, and programming and debugging complex electromechanical printer systems.
The role will appeal to an engineer with a background in industrial electrical design for special purpose machinery or process related industry.
Tonejet develops cutting-edge technology and products in digital printing, based on our proprietary electrostatic drop-on-demand ink ejection technology. Our current focus is on the Cyclone machine, designed for digital printing of metal packaging. We are at an exciting point in the company’s growth as we approach the first Beta-machine installations, while simultaneously looking at new opportunities and applications for our unique and disruptive technology. As part of a dynamic, creative and inventive team you’ll be given the room to grow your technical skills and specialise in the areas you excel while retaining the broad variety of day to day work.
- Electrical system design for 1-phase / 3-phase electromechanical machine systems.
- Control panel design for machinery and motor control.
- Development of new products and the transfer of designs to production.
- Design of safety systems for machinery and factory lines.
- Generation of production ready electrical schematics and cable schedules, in addition to maintaining documentation of existing Tonejet products.
- Hands on commissioning and debugging of complex industrial machinery.
- PLC Programming and debugging.
- 1st or Upper 2nd Class Degree in a relevant discipline from a leading engineering university
Skills and experience
- 3+ years’ experience in a hands-on industrial electrical design role within an engineering or industrial product company.
- Experience of designing, debugging and commissioning complex electromechanical systems.
- Control panel design and layout experience for PLCs / Motor Drives / Power Supplies.
- Strong CAD skills with electrical design software, such as; Solidworks Electrical, Electra, TraceCAD Electrical or similar.
- Practical experience and knowledge of product and machinery regulatory approvals and standards for Europe (Machinery Directive) and North America (UL508 / CSA22.2).
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication and time management skills, a keen eye for detail, and be able to demonstrate analytical and innovative thinking.
If you have experience in the following areas it would be beneficial to your application:
- Electrical control panel mechanical design using 3D CAD (Solidworks Mechanical 3D preferred).
- Experience of designing safety systems for machine guarding and hazardous areas.
- Development of PLC solutions using Allen Bradley / Siemens hardware.
- Experience in integration of custom electronic PCBs into an industrial system.
- Experience in printing or factory automation industries.
Tonejet is part of TTP Group, an employee-owned business operating from beautiful surroundings on our own Science Park in Melbourn, South Cambridgeshire. Our working culture encourages shared ideas and technical collaboration, while providing you the freedom to do your best work. We also offer fantastic employee benefits including:
- A generous employer pension contribution
- Employee share scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Profit share
- 25 days’ annual holiday plus bank holidays
- Life insurance
- Discounts and memberships to local sports facilities and the theatre
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A comprehensive relocation package is also available, if applicable.